Weigh in weekly or every two weeks?

Options
Hey Everyone,

In the past i've always had my scale attached to my hip, I would sometimes weigh myself 2 or 3 times a day.
I found that it was just getting to be too much, I was obsessing over it and would get very down when I would see a gain after I would do so good the day before (sodium gain most likely). So I knew that I made some bad choices over xmas holidays so have not weighed in since then, but I have been doing great in the exercise department since then and making healthy choices. I think that I am going to start weighing myself every 2 weeks now, I feel better and I think that I will be more surprised over a bigger lose...
do you weigh in weekly or every two weeks? or even once a month?

Replies

• nw1977
    nw1977 Posts: 4
    Options
    What's important is to be consistent with your weigh in whether it is once a week or every two weeks. Personally I prefer to weigh in once a week on the same day around the same time. I usually have mine tuesday mornings right after I wake up.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I did the obsessing thing and weighing multiple times a day, too. But for me, part of that was learning the natural fluctuations of my body weight. I was not in tune enough with my own body to know, for example, how much water weight I gained before my period; or the difference in my weight from morning to evening.

But after about 3 months of that, I went to once a week. Much more sane, much less obsessive, and also helped me focus on other important things besides my weight-- things like how my clothes fit; how my leg or arm muscles changed as I exercised; or how my tummy pooches a couple of hours after a big meal rather than during the meal.

Onward!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I plan to weigh myself in once a week. I figure it will help me gauge how I am doing and if I need to adjust my work out or eating.