What happened to BeingKevin?

Options
Kerilynnda
Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
Hi everyone, wasn't sure where to put this post, but figured since he was a major inspiration and a huge success, this area would work. Since i was MIA for about 2 weeks (my grandfather (dad) had passed), i noticed that BeingKevin has deactivated his account.

Anyone know why? :huh: :huh:

I feel a little sad, he was always a great inspiration! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this-I miss him too! He was a tremendous inspiration, even though we were only MFP friends for a few weeks, I was really surprised when he disappeared.
  • Kerilynnda
    Options
    hmm... it just seems a little weird. I really enjoyed reading his posts, and keeping up with his progress. Hopefully he reappears soon!!! :indifferent:
  • MKLAMAN
    MKLAMAN Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been in contact with him after he left. He told me that he left because the social aspect of MFP was causing unnecessary strain on his relationships at home. He has joined another calorie counting website and has elected to keep his journey private for the time being.

He said that he is NOT stopping what he's doing, just the opposite. He's ramped things up, ran a half marathon a couple weeks ago and has added swimming and biking to his activity schedule to prepare for an upcoming triathlon and plans a marathon this fall.

He told me it was OK to update people if they asked.
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know! Please tell him he was a big inspiration for m and I wish him success.
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. He will be missed , but its cool, he was like a rock star in here and I know he had a lot of followers.......lol
    Sometimes it can be too much of a good thing to have some many friends...
  • Kerilynnda
    Options
    Definitely wish him the best in his journey and let him know he is missed. Thank you for the update!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I've been in contact with him after he left. He told me that he left because the social aspect of MFP was causing unnecessary strain on his relationships at home. He has joined another calorie counting website and has elected to keep his journey private for the time being.

He said that he is NOT stopping what he's doing, just the opposite. He's ramped things up, ran a half marathon a couple weeks ago and has added swimming and biking to his activity schedule to prepare for an upcoming triathlon and plans a marathon this fall.

He told me it was OK to update people if they asked.

This is wonderful news. I was a secret stalker of his blogs, and have been worried that he deactivated and fell of the wagon.

If you speak to him again, please wish him all the best from me, and I hope that he can come back and post a blog or two when he's ready to be public again!
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I too miss Kevin; but am happy to hear he is continuing this new way of life and that he is well. Praying for him and his family - feel free to give updates and send our joy/happiness that he's accomplishing much!!
  • CanadianDude
    Options
    Echoing others!

It did amaze me at how responsive and caring he was of others. He was always quick to congratulate me and others of their successes daily and through our own journey.

I joked once with him that he had such a great following that he could have started some sort of cult!
  • feiAngel
    feiAngel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I miss the wonderful posts from BeingKevin, and I am so glad that he is continuing his journey. I wish that there was a way he could do a weekly update. If you are able to, can you please pass on my very best regards and wish him all the very best. His journey is inspirational. :flowerforyou:
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    I miss him too! He was an inspiration for my 10k and when I went to tell him about it he was gone!!!!

I am so sad to lose my friend but so happy he is continuing his journey....so happy for him and much love to him and his family!
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I thought he dropped me from his friends list because I hadn't logged on in a while. (I couldn't get in on my work pc, which is where I usually do my goofing off on MFP. lol All that's been fixed now.) Sorry to hear that he felt the need to deactivate his account, but I wish him continued success on his amazing journey.
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    Have there been any updates on his journey??
  • BeingKevin2
    BeingKevin2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for caring. I will give you an update shortly. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!