Fast diet 5:2

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating my exercise calories

When you are working with a very low calorie intake allowance, as you are, you really need to eat those calories back.

This!^

If you want to lose fat (and not muscle) ....your calorie deficit should be moderate. MFP gave you a calorie deficit BEFORE exercise. At 1200 you are already at MFP's lowest DEFAULT minimum.

Eat a portion of your calories (not all) ....HRM's are designed for steady state cardio....your workouts aren't really that.
  • shilpaca
    shilpaca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I have been reading up on the 5:2fast diet and wondering if anyone here has tried it yet? I am a bit unsure about the intermittent starving as don't want to push my body into starvation mode.

I have been very religiously exercising and also on a 1200 cal/day for the last 4wks but haven't shifted even one pound in weight:(
    A bit disappointed but I will keep going.
    I haven't been eating my exercise calories but otherwise sticking to the general diet routine and 8-10 glasses of water.
    This 5:2diet reviews are promising and wondering if I should try it just to kick start my body into losing weight.

Advice please.
    I do the 4:3 version and have lost just under 27 lbs in 7 weeks.
    I am really liking it quite a bit. I had an intense 6 weeks on the program and told myself I would take a week "off" from the fasting days.

Told myself I would only eat when I was hungry, and not the pre programmed times that have been generally accepted and pushed upon us.

To my amazement my week i took "off" of calorie caounting and fasting I lost 1.4 lbs as well. THAT was even weighing in during the evening after eating and drinking some during the day. Usually I weigh in directly after a fast.

In looking back at what I had during the week I found that I didnt have nearly as many calories as I would have before I even started this.

What ADF taught me was that many times we eat because we are bored, or it is that time to eat, or just plain thirsty. ADF taught me how to regulate my food intake. I have been eating burgers, wings, pizza, etc. All the time we always loved to eat, but just differently and staying within the limits and fasting 3 days a week.

I do 24 hour fasts, and not a calender day. It works great and even if I get hungry I know I will be eating that evening!

Thank you I think I'll try this one to c if it will work for me as well
    Hit me up if you have any questions.
    I just set up a spreadsheet with th ehours of the day and count the calories per cycle and not calender day.
    For instnace, 1900 on sunday night I have a meal, then fast until 1900 monday night (max 500 cal in that time). From 1900 tues to 1900 wed I eat at my maintenance calories, then repeat. Saturday and sunday eat at my maintain or less becaus fasting changed my whole dependance on food. Then repeat. Some do a calender day but I like the fact that if I get hungry I know that evening I can have a big meal if I wish after the fast.

whts your diet from 1900 mon evening to 1900 tues evening before u start on ur maintainence cals?
  • Foreverfitnow
    Foreverfitnow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I found the 5:2 diet really challenging but rewarding, I found that I saw results really quickly and the fasting days made me feel like I was actively contributing to my weigh loss. The only problem I found was I find it relatively easy to simply not eat anything during the day but eating a small amount tends to make me hungrier. It won't put your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode does not happen overnight or even in just a few days. Even if you starve yourself, until you hit about 5% body fat your body will still eat away at that fat. Yes, you will lose muscle too but I'm not striving to put an argument in for anorexia.

I'm going to try this diet again if you fancy joining me :)

I am intrigued with this plan and am going to start working it with Monday and Thursday being my "fasting" days. I'm actually going to start this on Thursday, 5/22. I'd be happy to have some friends join me, as I find the accountability really helps. Please feel free to click on my picture and friend request me...:-)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I found the 5:2 diet really challenging but rewarding, I found that I saw results really quickly and the fasting days made me feel like I was actively contributing to my weigh loss. The only problem I found was I find it relatively easy to simply not eat anything during the day but eating a small amount tends to make me hungrier. It won't put your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode does not happen overnight or even in just a few days. Even if you starve yourself, until you hit about 5% body fat your body will still eat away at that fat. Yes, you will lose muscle too but I'm not striving to put an argument in for anorexia.

I'm going to try this diet again if you fancy joining me :)

I am intrigued with this plan and am going to start working it with Monday and Thursday being my "fasting" days. I'm actually going to start this on Thursday, 5/22. I'd be happy to have some friends join me, as I find the accountability really helps. Please feel free to click on my picture and friend request me...:-)

Lots of info here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while with good results. I think it depends on the person...it's definitely not for everybody, so don't feel if you try it and don't like it/ can't stick with it.