Freezing cold

Options
OK, so I have been losing weight for 2 months now. Started at 180 and now down to 161. Over the last few weeks I have been so cold. I use to always be the warm one. Shorts in the winter, no problem. Now it is 70 and sunny out and i am wearing a jacket. Has anyone else experienced this? Right now my hands are so cold and all the people around me have fans on? Is my body just getting use to having less fat?

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I am right there with you! I had the heated seat on in the car and it's 72 degrees. Crazy!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have been frozen since I hit about 100 pounds off. I'm now 160 down and my doctor compared it to losing a 160 pound blanket. He said some people's internal thermometer will eventually reset and some won't. It's been over a year now for me, so I have a feeling I will never be warm again. Of course I would rather weigh less and be cold than have the 160 back you know? :laugh:
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit lowers your body's temp. I googled it when I was super cold.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Same. I used to be insanely hot, all the time. Now I'm cold. Strangely, I was really hot even when I was skinny the 'first time', pre-weight gain or weight loss. Maybe it's due to a slowed metabolism?
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    thanks so much for the reply's to the topic. I am hoping mine will reset when i hit my goal at 155 and start eating at maintenance.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I would go to your doctors

Get your blood test done & your thyroids checked
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I seriously feel the cold now, the past winter I got a blanket so I could snuggle under that as everyone else in the house was fine, I found once I warmed up though I was ok for the rest of the evening.
    The upside though is I have found a new love for sunbathing before I'd just sweat and feel uncomfortable, but this past weekend I was out there in shorts and not sweating at all.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Went through the same "freezing all the time" when I was dropping weight; when my weight stabilized around the goal it took less than a month for the shivers to go away. Seems to me losing fat/weight throws off thermal regulation somewhat.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit lowers your body's temp. I googled it when I was super cold.

This explains so much. The only time I am warm anymore is when I am actively working out. I used to be extremely hot all the time as well (even when I was underweight).
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    I am the same way. When I am working out I am fine. Also if I do warmup I am fine for the rest of the day.

But when I get cold, it takes a lot to warm back up!!!