PMS Cravings

Options
What do you all do about PMS cravings? It is that time of month for me and I could eat wallpaper. :grumble:

Replies

• noogiep
    noogiep Posts: 35
    Options
    What do you all do about PMS cravings? It is that time of month for me and I could eat wallpaper. :grumble:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    For me, dum dum lollipops work when I need that something sweet. No fat and only 59 cals for 3 pops.:bigsmile:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem anymore but I have found something that helps me and keeps my mouth busy. I like the Baskin Robbins Sugar Free hard candies. They are 10 calories per piece.
    :flowerforyou:
  • wibrown
    wibrown Posts: 30
    Options
    I totally understand the cravings before this site I would eat all day long, (which would be why I weight so much) But I have found that like dum dums, I prefer candy canes. 1 will last me 2 days. they are about 55 cals for 1. I also found that if I am active ,more so that week than any other, I don't eat as much but everyone is different.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    We all get them it is so normal and we all have different ways of combatting them.
    I find that a dose of protein help, IE a spoon of peanut butter, a handful of plain walnuts,
    Or my fav. an apple with a tablespoon of Peanut butter on the side.
    I am sure that the cravings are natures little way of making sure me have all the nutrients we need to get through what we go through at that time of the month.
    You might also want to try vits but off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is brewers yeast DHEA (to keep your mood up. most b vits and maybe some Q E 10
    But research them to make sure that they are right for you.
    --Diann...
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with stress & chocolate cravings, than B-complex & Iron. Yep! You physically crave chocolate for the iron it contains and what you are loosing in blood! No worries of becoming anemic here, but that's the reason for that specific craving. So you can take a supplement, or just feel less guilty about enjoying that brownie or hershy kiss! :tongue:
  • jessjess
    Options
    If you struggle with stress & chocolate cravings, than B-complex & Iron. Yep! You physically crave chocolate for the iron it contains and what you are loosing in blood!

Wow, really?
    I AM anemic...and crave chocolate SO VERY MUCH...so maybe I should try the supplement.

Thanks for the tip!