Photos of people all over the world and what they eat

Options
http://www.dose.com/lists/2715/23-Photos-Of-People-From-All-Over-The-World-Next-To-How-Much-Food-They-Eat-Per-Day

I feel like many of us inadvertently take on a very negative attitude or become desensitized as we meticulously count calories and keep food diaries. These pictures made those feelings dissolve a bit for me. Seeing people posing proudly or shyly, but otherwise happy, next to their daily nourishment!

Replies

• kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This is really worth looking at! I thought this was very interesting, thanks for posting it!
  • rach_melb
    rach_melb Posts: 4
    Options
    It was great. I love seeing what people eat around the world, not just anglo versions of what we "think" they eat because its ready made in a box for us on the shelf.
    Thanks!
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hey that's pretty cool :smile:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Very cool! I saw something similar to this in a coffee book. It's eye-opening. I've lived overseas and believe me it's educational to see the portions others eat.
  • FraggleRockerFitnessLover
    Options
    Love it! And the chick at the Mall of America in Mpls, my original hood! Loved seeing the smokes, the big pots of coffee...
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Oh, brilliant! This was absolutely worth checking out. I loved seeing all the different things people eat and trying to imagine what their daily activities must be like.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    The Vietnamese dude and Inuit dude look fun.
    Vegetarian is a job?
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I advise not reading the comments. Bunch of idiots claiming they are some nutrition experts. One said "calories in vs calories out is a disproven fallacy".

Oh, alright then.