Ditching Facebook for MFP

Options
Hi guys! I signed up a couple of years ago, and (obviously) never got off the ground with the whole weight loss thing. I've finally started it seriously this time, and as part of my 'detox' I've decided to kick my Facebook habit and spend more time reading positive, encouraging stories on MPF.

I am a Community Moderator for a multinational company so I spend the majority of my day sitting at a desk reading forums. Facebook is always open, and most of the stories either depress or anger me, making me want to (you guessed it) eat more.

Instead, I want to fill my feed with some healthy encouragement and motivation. If anybody else would like to add me to their friends list, please do!

looking forward to the journey with you all. :)

Replies

• MzAmbition1202
    MzAmbition1202 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's funny you posted this!! I did the exact same thing 3 days ago!!&& I definitely need to get my followers up!
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's funny you posted this!! I did the exact same thing 3 days ago!!&& I definitely need to get my followers up!

Well, you just got another one :D
  • noelboquet
    noelboquet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love my facebook page and I have a weight loss support group I moderate. However, I only post positive things to my page. My support group is an empowerment group so there is no nasty allowed or I kick em to the curb lol...I haven't had to do that yet lol....If I find people on my page commiserate too much I unfollow them...I keep the positive and its been really awesome....I call it quality control!
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It wasn't intentional for me but I do find myself spending more time on here than I do FB :happy:
  • jjgreeneyes
    Options
    I am right there with you! Every time I log onto FB, I find myself feeling angry, resentful and depressed, and it's a total pointless time suck to boot....its become incredibly toxic for me. I like the idea that instead of taking something away from myself by staying away from it, it's one more thing that I am doing that is healthy for me! FB detox time!
  • maureen_30
    maureen_30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I deleted my FB account in January and also ended up coming here and losing 20 pounds... coincidence? I think not... ;)
  • cosmobella
    cosmobella Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...I am SO SICK of people taking 19 selfies a day and doing nothing but *****ing, moaning, complaining. Makes me depressed lol. POSITIVITY!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OMG YES! I have not had a facebook in 2 years and I have never been happier. MFP is wayyyy more motivating and fun. Also, being on mfp for more than a few mins does not get me all bummed out and feeling like I have done nothing with my life lol. :wink:
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    one good thing here is most positive posting and people .... i got my fb just for the family updates ...
  • skylaatk
    skylaatk Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, my name is sky. I am a single mother to a beautiful three year old girl. I am 24 years old (25 in August!). I've been using mfp on and off for about 2 years now. I am looking for some good my fitness pal friend to keep me motivated and on track. I have just started living a vegan lifestyle and I'm looking for any advice anyone can give me on my diary goals! Feel free to send me a request!
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I deleted my FB account in January and also ended up coming here and losing 20 pounds... coincidence? I think not... ;)

Haha, that's great news - let's hope I can follow suit XD