Running friends?

Options
Long story short, I’ve made a huge lifestyle change in the last year or so and I find myself feeling pretty alone now. I come from a pretty lazy lifestyle (to leave out all excuses and honest obstacles) and my circles tended to reflect who I was before. Now that I’m on a healthy journey, including a passion for running, I find myself outcast as my friends don’t share the same passion (to each their own- they are wonderful people just with different paths than I have /now/). I love the people in the circles I am in, but I could really use friends that understand the lifestyle I’ve come to love so much and I’d like to surround myself with those that share a more active and healthy lifestyle. I would enjoy making new bonds with individuals that can relate more as well as joining circles that inspire each other to reach to reach their greatness. I’ve found that it takes a strong person to be there with you’re down, but an even stronger person to be there when you’re doing good (my friends almost seem resentful). I want friends that share this strength with me. A group of encouraging people, everyone giving a nod of recognition to everyone else to help keep their fire burning, and share their own journeys of inspiration. I was told that this community would be a great place to be.

Some quick highlights of who I am-

I am a stay at home mother of 2 girls, 9y/o & 2 (almost 3). My girls are my everything and I am blessed to have them in my life.

I am *passionate* about running. Second to family, running means the world to me. It has given me so much and I have overcame great obstacles to even be able to run. I could never have too many running friends!

I have a love of animals and recently got a boxer puppy to share my love of jogging (when he’s grown).

I lost 75# and gained a lot of my life back. I want to hang onto that health. I recently gained 10#, and while I’m still in the healthy zone, it is disheartening. I feel like I’m back on track now, however. I’ve lost about 5# of that in the last month but I still find myself slipping back into eating things I shouldn’t. It’s not just about the weight, but rather how crap food makes me feel. If I eat sugar or starch (same thing) it wreaks havoc on my glucose levels and I end up sick.

I would love supportive and active friends that inspire me just by being themselves <3. Feel free to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• Amanda_993
    Amanda_993 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the add. I love running too!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I love running :flowerforyou:
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Do you want IRL running partners? Where are you located?
  • kaleidoscope79
    kaleidoscope79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If a RL friend came of this, that would be fantastic (with caution of course. lots of crazies out there!). But I'm perfectly happy with online friends that share the same passions =D

I'm located in the midwest.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I am trying to train for my first half marathon. I say "trying" because I've currently had to decrease my mileage because of calf pain but hope to increase again soon.
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me! I'm pretty active/supportive on MFP, and my diary is open to friends. I'm Shannon, 30, run 15-20 miles a week at between 9:00 and 9:30 min/mile and workout 5-6 times a week.

I'd love to give receive some support and advice; I have several 5Ks scheduled and could use the assist. :)
  • CurcuitRunner
    Options
    Hi, I run a fair bit and was training for a marathon (before I got an injury) . Please feel free to add me fellow runners:)
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm also a runner, and a mom. I've completed several races, 5k's and half marathons. I finally got motivation back and started all over with the c25k, and found a whole new love of the sport. Feel free to add me.
  • jenyzmcc
    jenyzmcc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am also a runner and a mother of two. I love running and find it is my time to relax in the evening after a long day! I am currently struggling after a 9lb weight gain, I had lost 37lbs. Feel free to add me for some support. Could do with some myself!!
  • k12340
    k12340 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I've definitely learned to love running over the past year, which I never thought I would say! I'm just starting to train for a half marathon in the fall.
  • kaleidoscope79
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I've enjoyed reading them and adding new friends!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, I am fairly new to running still but I enjoy it. Looking forward to keeping each other motivated!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    recently new runner and I am hooked. It has helped me break y plateau lose pounds and inches. Feel free to add
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am currently coming back from an injury (and doing everything BUT running these days), but miss it terribly and can't wait to get back to it! I normally run around an 8:30-9:00/min mile and love half marathon lengths. Injured right before the LA Marathon in early March and then ran on it, of course, so have been down since. Our journeys sound totally similar as well! Would love to connect with you! I'll request you now!

Any other runners, feel free to add away! I am on here regularly and log faithfully, even though I am under my goal. For me, it's all about how to maintain. I can easily lose and easily gain - I have really struggled to maintain! I also have to watch to ensure that I don't get too thin - if I hit 135 lbs, I start to look a bit skeletal and unhealthy, especially in my mid-section. Work out with a trainer who I love dearly, and who pushes me to cross train and EAT to fuel the intense workouts that I do. I eat super clean though, which means not a whole lot sticks to me (other than my splurge all-you-can-eat-sushi meals every few months - yummmmmm).

Have a great day!
    Sally
  • TheFuzzyPepper
    Options
    Used to run a ton but then stopped. I'm starting all over again. Friend request coming your way!
  • vhoule
    vhoule Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to add running friends please feel free to add me.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Me!! ME!!! I have two children 10 (almost 11 YO) and 3. I have a 6 year old boxer, which I bought as a running companion. :) It's funny, you and I have similar interests. I share my running passion with lifting though.

That said, don't be lonely, people like you are all over MFP! Feel free to add me.

Funny note: I have to carry a camelbak pack on 5k+ runs for my boxer because he gets overheated easily. (funny and useful if you intend to run with the pup.) Also, trry not to run your dog until it is older, could damage the hips and joints otherwise.

Look forward to following your journey.
  • kaleidoscope79
    Options
    Me!! ME!!! I have two children 10 (almost 11 YO) and 3. I have a 6 year old boxer, which I bought as a running companion. :) It's funny, you and I have similar interests. I share my running passion with lifting though.

That said, don't be lonely, people like you are all over MFP! Feel free to add me.

Funny note: I have to carry a camelbak pack on 5k+ runs for my boxer because he gets overheated easily. (funny and useful if you intend to run with the pup.) Also, trry not to run your dog until it is older, could damage the hips and joints otherwise.

Look forward to following your journey.
    We do have a Lot in common!! That is awesome!

I've been thinking about how I'm going to array water for him, in addition to me. Thanks for the tip! Maybe I will break down and get a camelbak.

Thanks also for mentioning about waiting until he's grown- not because I was unaware, but because it is so important! I don't plan to run him until between 1 and 2 years old, after being cleared by a vet. I want his growth plates closed before beginning, to prevent injury. I want him to go the distance with me, which will mean waiting until he's ready. Currently we walk and play.
  • mk82gt
    mk82gt Posts: 4
    Options
    Add me :-D
    I'm trying to get back into running. I stopped all winter and started going on a once a week run a few weeks ago, I'm trying to go more often and increase distance as well.
    Besides that, I'm hoping to lose about 20lbs in the next few months.....
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:. Can't get enough of running and I have a few tris/marathons under my belt as well!