excercising makes me hungry help ?

Options
When I diet I seem to want to eat more , when does that stop. I am exercising this time around and it makes me more hungry.
Then I fell like I'm starving , any way to stop that.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you eating your exercise calories back?
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Food = fuel.

Your body uses fuel just to survive.

Add exercise = needs more fuel.

= Eat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to!
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I found that having a serving of lean protein helps me, for example a boiled egg, 3-4 oz of chicken, a protein shake or protein bar. And if I am still hungry after one serving (15-20 min.) I have another serving.
  • Sarah_Sayers
    Sarah_Sayers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar thread.... after exercise is when I usually blow my diet. I'm totally ravenous, and over eat. Protein is a good tip, I'll see if that help sate better.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you aiming for??
    Have you gone with the default 1200 calories because you've said you want to lose 2lbs a week??

Open your diary so we can see what you're eating and tell us what your calorie goal is.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    STOP DIETING! Change your diet to a healthy eating lifestyle, eat lots, but lots of healthy options.

If you diet you automatically tell your self you cant have, and cant haves lead to wants and cravings. I dont diet I just amended my eating habits to eat healthier and find im oftern too full to eat.

Any yes, I still eat chocolate and icecream - this year already ive lost 13lbs
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    STOP DIETING! Change your diet to a healthy eating lifestyle, eat lots, but lots of healthy options.

If you diet you automatically tell your self you cant have, and cant haves lead to wants and cravings. I dont diet I just amended my eating habits to eat healthier and find im oftern too full to eat.

Any yes, I still eat chocolate and icecream - this year already ive lost 13lbs

Exactly the above!!

I would say try and pick your calories wisely, More sure you have a lot of filling foods, protein & good fats in your diet. Try and have something straight after your workout, a lot of people have a protein shake/bar - Boiled eggs etc.

A banana is also good before a workout!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sounds normal to me.

I have to pack a snack or I'll stop at the store and buy crap- I'm SO HUNGRY- and I live 5 miles from my gym.

seriously work out means you burned- now your body needs fuel.

That's kind of how this works.

totally normal.
  • carolinatx
    carolinatx Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as you're eating back everything you just worked off. As you exercise, your body starts burning more calories throughout the day when you're not even exercising. You should have a net calorie goal that you're shooting for. MFP can help you calculate it and you may need to adjust it based on your needs and/or your weight loss goals. You need to find a balance that works for you and stick with it. But track your exercise, not just your food and still hit your goal net carbs by the end of the day. It gets rewarding when you can use exercise to work in little treats you may not have been able to otherwise. ;)
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It helps me to eat after my workout. I go to the gym in the morning then have a bowl of yogurt and high protein cereal with fresh fruit for breakfast. Curbs my appetite for hours with a good amount of protein as well as slow releasing carbohydrates.

If you find you are still hungry, drink a lot of water during your workout. Around 8oz during and another 8oz after.

If you work out after dinner or in the middle of the day, eat fresh fruit afterwards and a little cheese for protein as a snack. I also love coconut water, I only get the Vita-Coco because it is not from concentrate and no added sugars. I personally LOVE it (the pineapple one is sweeter but regular is tasty too) it's just what you like.

Also, make sure you are getting all your vitamins! You may have some kind of deficiency, check your reports on MFP.
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Working out doesn't give you a pass to pig out. Eat smart and kick the hunger. A post workout whey protein will fuel you. Always incorporate lean protein into every meal. Hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, chicken, fish and so on.

When I first became a marathon running I gained 12 pounds. I thought running 20 miles gave me the right to eat a medium pizza... Well it didn't. I gained weight and became slower. Now I fuel during my workouts with homemade energy bites and whey protein post workout and now don't blow my diet.

Good luck!