Has anyone here experienced this issue?

Options
InevitableButterfly
InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
2cpx3k9.jpg

What is causing this tongue to hurt at the front and look like this? If you've experienced this and have resolved the issue or you think you know what the problem is then please post your thoughts here. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Oh my god.........

Yup, I'm not eating today.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You should probably get that checked out by a doctor...Tongue issues can be a sign of an underlying problem somewhere in the body.

And for future reference, you should put a TMI warning or something on posts like this....
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Is this for real? :sick:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ouch!!!

See a DOCTOR!!!
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ah, the internet....why haven't we all figured out that cyberpeople cannot diagnose ailments or diseases? You gotta see a doctor, and did you REALLY need us to tell you that?
  • shawmutt
    shawmutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did once, it involved a stripper and...oh nevermind...
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I did once, it involved a stripper and...oh nevermind...
    Yummmyyyy... STDs!!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    It is called geographic tongue, and it is usually harmless. Google it for more info.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    :sick: Seriously that needs a medical professionals opinion. Nice teeth though.
  • InevitableButterfly
    Options
    Oh my god.........

Cool. Happy to help you on your journey through weight loss.
  • InevitableButterfly
    Options
    You should probably get that checked out by a doctor...Tongue issues can be a sign of an underlying problem somewhere in the body.

And for future reference, you should put a TMI warning or something on posts like this....

Thank you,

and there used to be a 'lips and tongues Tuesday' here on MFP. No TMI warning necessary, but thanks for the advice.

IT'S JUST A HUMAN TONGUE!
  • InevitableButterfly
    Options
    Is this for real? :sick:

No, this is all part of a weird hallucination you're having. You'll snap back to reality soon enough. :flowerforyou:
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Oh my god.........

Cool. Happy to help you on your journey through weight loss.
    I'm just wondering how you got that, is all LOL.
    I don't play the starving games :3
  • InevitableButterfly
    Options
    Ah, the internet....why haven't we all figured out that cyberpeople cannot diagnose ailments or diseases? You gotta see a doctor, and did you REALLY need us to tell you that?

Not asking for a diagnosis, just ideas from people who may have experienced the same or from people who might know what it is. It's part of the process before going to the doctor, if a doctor is determined to be necessary. After all, a doctor visit is pretty expensive when you're a full time student without health insurance.

And yes, I did need to tell you that.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    No, I have just experienced stuff like this. Different methinks.
    tumblr_m24dbxKzWL1qbnk7do1_500_zpscd8e2017.gif
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It looks like something called oral thrush. You need a prescription for a specific medication called Nystatin.
  • InevitableButterfly
    Options
    It is called geographic tongue, and it is usually harmless. Google it for more info.

Thought about geographic tongue, and it seemed to fit, but this seems worse/more painful than geographic tongue as described on the interwebs. Maybe a combination of geographic tongue and something else?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Not asking for a diagnosis, just ideas from people who may have experienced the same or from people who might know what it is. It's part of the process before going to the doctor, if a doctor is determined to be necessary. After all, a doctor visit is pretty expensive when you're a full time student without health insurance.

And yes, I did need to tell you that.

You could always ask a pharmacist if they have any ideas (free advice). Does your college not have a school nurse?
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It looks like thrush to me, but I'm not a medical professional. I would see a doctor or go to a minute clinic or something.