Anyone like blending fruit in water?

Options
Does anyone else do this? I have started blending fruit with a little stevia into a mason jar full of water (blending with food processor). It gets 3 of my glasses of water and 1 serving of fruit out of the way 1st thing in the morning. It makes me feel alert, refreshed, full, and ready to have a healthy day. I even got my husband doing it too now and he likes it.
I usually use things like watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, cuties orange, or basically anything juicy.
Sometimes I add a squeeze of lemon. I like raspberry & lemon or watermelon the best so far. My husband likes orange.
Does anyone else do this? Any ideas for a good blend?

Replies

• CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't blend it but I love to chop up strawberries and some lemon juice. I may have to try the blending thing.
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It honestly sounds a little gross, but then good at the same time..... lol. I would use my blender more often if it wasn't so dang loud in the morning! ;p
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love blending my fruit and vegi's! My favorite is kale, spinach, cauliflower, carrots, a banana, mango and coconut oil for good fat with a cup or so of water. I like to keep it kinda chunky.
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to blend it with frozen water, and a cup of almond milk, with honey to taste.
  • angelaford3194
    angelaford3194 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to use the NutriBullet for my fruits and veggies. I've even added a little cinnamon or cocoa powder to the mix. Usually use anywhere from 6-10 different types of fruits and veggies, and I try to stay away from making it all fruits.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Oh, hell yes. Great minds think alike :)

Please search "agua fresca, recipe".

Mexicans drink dozens of fruits/vegetables blended in water.

Lemon. Lime. Orange. Apple. Papaya. Melon. Watermelon. Lemonade with chia seeds. Mago. Carrot/orange. Coconut (inc. the pulp, not just coconut water), horchata (rice soaked in water), jamaica (hibiscus infusion, like karkadev from morocco/middle east), guanabana (custard apple), cucumber, tamarind, pineapple alfalfa...

heck, we also make popsicles by freezing these :)
  • walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It honestly sounds a little gross, but then good at the same time..... lol. I would use my blender more often if it wasn't so dang loud in the morning! ;p
    That is pretty funny because that is what I thought when I first tried it. It is kind of like how orange juice has a little pulp.
    The berry seeds sink to the bottom, so they are avoidable if you do not like the texture, but it is pretty good. It looks pretty and foamy.
  • walkingmommy2014
    Options
    Oh, hell yes. Great minds think alike :)

Please search "agua fresca, recipe".

Mexicans drink dozens of fruits/vegetables blended in water.

Lemon. Lime. Orange. Apple. Papaya. Melon. Watermelon. Lemonade with chia seeds. Mago. Carrot/orange. Coconut (inc. the pulp, not just coconut water), horchata (rice soaked in water), jamaica (hibiscus infusion, like karkadev from morocco/middle east), guanabana (custard apple), cucumber, tamarind, pineapple alfalfa...

heck, we also make popsicles by freezing these :)
    I totally just bought a popsicle maker to do this exact thing tomorrow.
  • walkingmommy2014
    Options
    I like to blend it with frozen water, and a cup of almond milk, with honey to taste.
    MUST TRY! Sounds so yummy.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    it sounds like a great idea. I'll try it tomorrow.
  • richo59
    richo59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I was blending fruit and vegs into a little water or milk to get a green shake.
    This way would help me get my fruits and help me get through some water early in the day.
    Also much nicer to take to work than a jar of thick green sludge, which gets comments from my work mates.
  • Idreamofg
    Idreamofg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What else is really good on a hot summer day is slicing cucumbers very thin and putting them in a pitcher of cold water/ Just let them sit for a half hour or so and drink it all day; I just keep the pitcher in the refrige. It may sound strange but it/s surprisingly refreshing! :
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I like what you've done with the fruit in your profile pic.

Just do that.
  • walkingmommy2014
    Options
    What a great idea. I was blending fruit and vegs into a little water or milk to get a green shake.
    This way would help me get my fruits and help me get through some water early in the day.
    Also much nicer to take to work than a jar of thick green sludge, which gets comments from my work mates.
    lol green sludge.
    They come out in bright colors of red, pink, orange, yellow, ect.. depending on what and how much you use.
    for me it is about
    1 cup for berries with a splash of lemon and 3 cups of water
    or 2 cups watermelon and about 2 1/2 cups water
    Add stevia to taste for the berry ones, but the watermelon is great just as is.
  • walkingmommy2014
    Options
    What else is really good on a hot summer day is slicing cucumbers very thin and putting them in a pitcher of cold water/ Just let them sit for a half hour or so and drink it all day; I just keep the pitcher in the refrige. It may sound strange but it/s surprisingly refreshing! :
    So trying this tomorrow. I actually have mini cucumbers in the fridge now.
  • walkingmommy2014
    Options
    I like what you've done with the fruit in your profile pic.

Just do that.

Doesn't everything look better covered in ice cream :blushing: