Stretch Marks, old and new.

Options
I wondered if anyone had a trick or tip about stretch marks, They are worst on my upper arms. I am putting lotion on whenever I think about it (not often enough), I just don't know what to do about them. I'm doing OK on my toning exercises, I just have a lot of marks.
Thank you.
Bleach

Replies

• Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i have such ugly ones on my stomach. I hate them! could use some advice too!
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used Mederma (for scars) and they faded in color. Still there, but faint. Now they have Mederma for Stretch Marks lotion, you might try that.
  • kuteinfaync
    Options
    I used Mederma (for scars) and they faded in color. Still there, but faint. Now they have Mederma for Stretch Marks lotion, you might try that.

I also used mederma! there are some expensive things on the internet that I read about. I never tried them. Mederma did fade mine and you can barely even notice :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laydeedancer
    Options
    I used Nut Butter from the Body Shop while pregnant and I think it helped. I still have some but they aren't and weren't vivid.
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I also worry about this. I have very long, very deep, and very visible marks on my side and abdomen (all around my midsection really). We're talking some like 7 or 8 inches long and close to an inch wide.

They, not my size, are the reason I don't take my shirt off at the beach/pool.

Any help to reduce them (I get the feeling that mederma won't be enough) as I go down to my healthy weight?
    I'm concerned they'll always be there-as large, deep, and visible., even when I'm a healthy weight.
  • sweetiekayk
    Options
    I wish I could get rid of mine. I have them on my belly (3 babies do that), my calves, and a few under my upper arms. Not very visible but I just don't like them. My brother has some major ones on his midsection. Big deep red ones. Seems men get them worse.
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tattooed over some of mine. You'd never know they were there.
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I don't think you can entirely get rid of stretch marks sadly :frown: You can fade them using creams and lotions but at the end of the day they'll still be there as far as I know.

I've tried bio-oil myself and mine have faded to match my skin colour so they're not very visible at all but I don't know whether this would have happened over time anyway as mine are about 10 years old now.
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    as a child, i grew very tall very fast and had small stretch marks on my knees, elbows and hips even though i was under weight (picture olive oyl from popeye cartoon). they have faded in time, but never went away.
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've investigated or looked into it, but I think cosmetic surgery can get rid of them - something I would seriously consider if (when) I successfully lose my full 130 pounds of excess weight and manage to keep it off for a significant amount of time.
  • eternalchimera
    eternalchimera Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have heard positive things aobut that mederma stuff. Treat it like any scar, if you already have them. If your body is in transition, beit from pregnancy or weight loss, do the things to prevent stretch marks that pregnant women do. Sure cant hurt!