Has anyone here experienced this issue?

Options
1235»

Replies

• OnlyMissy
    OnlyMissy Posts: 122
    Options
    This was the most entertaining thread I have read in a long long time. Btw- good luck to your friend and her tongue. Hope its nothing serious and she's back to feeling better soon.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If you are eating quite a bit of acidic foods such as berries, drinking sodas, citrus, etc you may experience something like this. I recommend seeing a doctor or dentist though to be sure something more sinister is not going on.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It is called geographic tongue, and it is usually harmless. Google it for more info.

this
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    A family member of mine has a geographical tongue. It looks EXACTLY the same way as yours and hers gets extraordarily painful. She has that happen depending on certain foods she eats.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    looks like thrush. its a yeast infection basically. generally caused by a weakened immune system or too many antibiotics. You will be given an anti-fungal mouth rinse and thats it. I think you have to see a doc to get this though.
  • BobbiTracey
    BobbiTracey Posts: 53
    Options
    Posting a cat gif. Thanks to all the people who said my tongue was nasty! I'm glad to give you all nightmares :flowerforyou:

c7gAmus.gif
    tongue.gif

gifs_16.gif

tumblr_mq9ezt1HKN1qbxi45o1_500.gif

It could be worse

giphy.gif
    tumblr_mylwcxr6Ew1st2r9ao1_500.gif

funny-cat-sticking-out-tongue-dumb-animated-gif-pics.gif
    Okay, I'm done now.
    catlick.gif
    GIF-Dog-and-cat-exchange-licks..gif
    tumblr_mi8uqtSMlU1qdlh1io1_500.gif