my story.

Options
v27pig
v27pig Posts: 12 Member
I started mfp in July 2013, and I weighed 242lbs. I had already lost 19lb but it took a long time to do that, so when I found mfp I thought I'd give it a go rather than trying any particular diet. I had heard many stories of people doing whatever diet and as soon as they stopped the diet they ended up putting weight back on within months. I started out with about 1500 calories, due to my height, weight, and how much I wanted to lose. I used my cross trainer nearly every other day, at first I could only manage 5mins, but eventually increased it up to 30mins. Then I started going out on my bike, eventually took up spinning. People keep asking me how my diet is and every time I say I'm not on a diet, I still eat chips and crisps, and pizza, and other takeouts. The only thing I've switched to is wholemeal bread and sweeteners in my coffee instead of sugar. My current weight is 161.8lbs. A total of 7st 1 lb (99lbs). I've gone from a UK dress size 24, to a 12/14. I've still got a bit to lose because I have problem areas... Belly and thighs, but I'm happy with the weight loss and want to start concentrating on those problem areas. I never took a before picture because I hated cameras, but there will be an after picture eventually.

(Also really need to learn to proof read before posting, and not assume that the swipe on the tablet knows what word I want)

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I like your story of sensible and gradual changes that have had a remarkable result! You are inspiring to the max!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! you have almost exactly the same start weight as me, and the same philosophy on losing. I just need to get on top of the exercise. Well done!!
  • v27pig
    Options
    Thanks. It has helped having someone to go spinning with, I ended up dragging one friend along at the beginning, then another friend wanted to come, now we are a group of four who go. It did help alot having the cross trainer at home, because I could just jump on and do ten mins at a time when I wanted. I've also recently found runtastic apps, for squats and abs, which sync to mfp, so just before a shower I do a few squats, (and it adds up the cals burned for you), or weights which I invested in to sorry out my flabby arms. They aren't perfect yet but slowly getting there.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    That's a great story and inspirational because of your excitement! Thanks for sharing and best of luck as you continue to get healthier. Looking forward to seeing more updates too.
  • v27pig
    Options
    Update : I've reached my goal and a bit over, losing a total of 8st 6lb (UK measure). I am now 144.2lbs and currently trying to maintain. This may seem still quite heavy weight from the stories I've read in here but I'm happy with the weight. I'm now a dress size 8/10. Unfortunately I have excess skin issues with my belly and thighs still but good support tights do a great job and hide most flaws lol.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Great job! You saw the journey through and are embarking on the next one! Well done :smile:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Excellent story! I started at 275 pounds about the same time you did. I'm now 195.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done honey! xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!