updating the food diary

Options
i'm going to sound a little silly here, but should i be updating everything on the food diary? for example if i use a tablespoon of olive oil whilst cooking or just say i've used lemon juice whilst marinating chicken before grilling it.
There are options you can choose on here that describe your meal (such as marinated grilled chicken), would that suffice.
i'm just unsure if my calories are being estimated correctly.
Any advice would help :) Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    if you use oil, then log oil. If you use a marinade then log it. You can use the other more genereal terms if you absolutly must but it will always be more accurate to log it exact as you know it is.
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    ah okay :) thought that would be the best way, then you know exactly how many calories you're consuming. Thanks
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    Oil in general should be logged but you might also keep in mind that not all of it will make into the final meal. Same for marinade. You can totally skip spices (not dressings), unless you want to keep it as a recipe reference, of course.
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    I log oil and all that.
    You can create your own meals, salads etc. that includes all of it already, that way you dont have to enter everything again over and over.
    For exampled, certain salads I eat all the time, maybe switch some stuff up, so just copy it and exchange the things you switched out.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Oil in general should be logged but you might also keep in mind that not all of it will make into the final meal. Same for marinade. You can totally skip spices (not dressings), unless you want to keep it as a recipe reference, of course.

True....Log what goes into your mouth, not what goes in the pan. (Most of it really does make it to you but not all.
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    The only problem i have is sometimes i use some leftovers from dinner for next days lunch.. so if i do use oil then i wouldnt know how much exactly to write for each meal..
    usually i just use a drizzle of oil if i put something in the oven, to make sure it doesnt burn or stick!
  • janinelambiase
    Options
    The only problem i have is sometimes i use some leftovers from dinner for next days lunch.. so if i do use oil then i wouldnt know how much exactly to write for each meal..
    usually i just use a drizzle of oil if i put something in the oven, to make sure it doesnt burn or stick!

If you have a left over from the meal from the night before, just copy it to the next day and adjust the amounts!