Fast Food: Healthier Choices

Options
Here is a link to some good fast food choices: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/ffood.htm

Replies

• mapinkerton
    Options
    Thanks! I sent this to my husband's niece. She can't figure out why she can't lose weight because she lives at fast food restaurants and goes to the gym occasionally.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Overall that's a pretty good list, but their Taco Bell options are severely lacking. I've pretty much sworn off of fast good entirely, but the occasional time I have to grab it, I always make sure it's taco bell. A chicken fresco soft taco is only about 150 calories, and they taste awesome. If you have a big appetite, you can have 3 of them and still stay under 500 calories for the meal.
  • countjackula
    Options
    Good post! Generally there are "healthier" options at most fast food places but it's important to know what they are and not be deceived by seemingly healthy choices (i.e., "taco salads"). This list seems like it's out of date though; a few things off the top of my head when reading through the list:

KFC: If you're getting chicken there get it grilled or get original and remove the skin. Why in the world would cole slaw be considered a healthy choice, lol?
  • whaggwood
    whaggwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are right countjackula. I checked the taco bell menu and the Fresco Crunchy Taco is 150 calories. I posted this because I saw it during a search for a decent grilled chicken sandwich. It also opened my eyes. The things you think are healthy are indeed killing us. Also, it seems that most salads are just as bad as a burger in many instances. Just thought I would share this info with everyone. Good luck.
  • bigsal911
    Options
    My two fast food choices are fresco style tacos (crunchy, soft, chicken, doesn't matter) or Wendys grilled chicken go wrap. not too many calories and definitely good for a small meal, depending on how your diet works, etc.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    yesterday I found myself hungry and at work, so I ran to Wendy's and got a Half Baja Salad, i didn't use the dressing or the chips, and the total calories was 280 and i was full!
  • whaggwood
    whaggwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here is a nice query for better fast food choices:

http://www.fatcalories.com/