Cravings!!

Options
HELP!! Ive fallen off my diet for about a week now. One cheat day turned into a cheat week. I have NO idea what to do with my cravings. I want chocolate, salt, grease… everything I shouldn’t have. It doesn’t help that I cook different meals for my husband then mine. Making him a pizza while im eating a chicken breast.... not the best night ever.

Anyone have any recipes that could help my cravings but still be sorta good for you?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes work wonders for me, or protein bars.
  • kcholsop
    kcholsop Posts: 6
    Options
    Cheat days are bad. Never cheat. Stick to your diet 100%
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Pizza is fine. Instead of eating 3 or 4 slices, eat only 1 or 2. Also when I make pizza, I load it up with veggies.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    If your plan is too restrictive, cheat days will turn into cheat weeks, & never ending yo yo-ing.

Are you trying to lose too fast? Have you cut out all your favorite foods?

Read this link and work on a plan that will give you success.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    HELP!! Ive fallen off my diet for about a week now. One cheat day turned into a cheat week. I have NO idea what to do with my cravings. I want chocolate, salt, grease… everything I shouldn’t have. It doesn’t help that I cook different meals for my husband then mine. Making him a pizza while im eating a chicken breast.... not the best night ever.

Anyone have any recipes that could help my cravings but still be sorta good for you?

So eat a reasonable amount of chocolate when you want it...same thing with grease...it's not gonna derail you if you eat them in reasonable portions...

What will derail you is eliminating the food you love as you well know based on your post.
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    If you restrict yourself too much, you will cheat. Make sure you're getting enough fats and protein, it helps control my cravings.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with chocolate, salt, and grease. Incorporate everything you like into your days rather than excluding and making a huge spectacle out of it on a "cheat" day.
  • JourneyToLose50
    JourneyToLose50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll add in a little here and there and try to never have a 'cheat' day again :) still open for more advise on some recipies!!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you really are craving something, try to fit it into your macros. I also love sugar/chocolate/potato chips, but my cravings have not been that bad now that I no longer consider them as forbidden fruit.

A lot of the work comes from trying to fit your favorite foods into your dieting plan, but it is possible. For example, I love chocolate with a passion, but there is no way I am going to inject myself with insulin for a Hershey's bar (25g of net carbs and 210 calories). I have been obsessed with 85% dark chocolate, and I can eat two squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate without any sort of insulin (5g net carbs and 115 calories). Just making that simple switch has saved me roughly 95 calories, and it takes me the same amount of time -if not longer- to eat the extra dark chocolate compared to the Hershey's bar.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    People only exile food because they think they can't control themselves around it.
    You can still eat pizza and chocolate and still lose weight as long as you accurately track the calories and maintain a deficit. In fact, I would urge you to keep these foods in your diet otherwise you WILL experience crazier cravings and the inability to control yourself around them when you do have a "cheat day" or whatever.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself. We all fall off the little wagon sometimes. :smile: Now pull yourself together and be positive so this cheat week doesn't turn into a cheat month - been there done that got the t-shirt and you'll only feel even more horrendous! I definitely recommend protein bars, Quest in particular have flavours which taste exactly like desserts I kid you not but most importantly FILL you up and prevent you from wanting to indulge! They're my personal saviours.