Getting my **** together, finally.

Options
hkabashi82
hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
Hi there!

I'm a 31 year old career woman who has spent most of my life focused on my education and career opportunities. My health took a back seat, much to my own personal detriment. On April 21st, after years of trying so many of other things, diets, fads, medical supervision, nutritionists, personal trainers, etc., I finally underwent weight loss surgery and had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy.

At the moment, I'm only cleared for cardio so I've been at the gym 5-6 days a week, an hour a day. Hopefully in a week or two, I'll be cleared for light strength and weight training. In the interim, I'm researching what the best training would be for me. In all my years of dieting and exercise, I always focused on cardio but now I know I need a better balance of strength and cardio to achieve optimal results.

I'm down 60 pounds - 30 before surgery, 30 in the 4 weeks since surgery, and I'd like to lose about 90 more pounds. MyFitnesPal is my way of keeping me on track and making sure I'm doing all that I am supposed to do to be successful, healthy and ultimately happy with the new me emerging.

I'm always interested in great advice, tips and suggestions. And always looking for friends :)

Thanks,
Hana

Replies

• RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Congrats on the weight loss and getting back to better health. I wish I had some strength training advice for you, but diet & cardio has worked for me, and that's what I've stuck with. Either way, keep it up!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, and feel free to send a FR if ya want to, can always use more friends, btw you look great
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I wish you luck on your journey and I know you can do this! I always need friends!! :-)
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! Thank you for sharing. I am in the process of getting cleared for VGS surgery in August. I too have been curious about what weights I should do and when after surgery. Feel free to friend me! I would love to have a buddy going through all of this!
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    We are around the same age, feel free to add :flowerforyou:
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :)
  • Nichole195
    Nichole195 Posts: 24
    Options
    Yeah a healthy balance between strength and cardio is great. I do cardio 3 days a week and strength 3 days a week. Congrats on the weight loss. Stay positive and you will lose that other 90 I believe in you :-)