TEXAS Here! New to MFP! You better work b***h! ha!

Options
jjchapa2
jjchapa2 Posts: 135 Member
Hello everyone, my name is Jay!! 23 years old and currently 155 pounds! I'm a graduate school student and working at a family clinic. I've lost 140 pounds! Here to keep motivated and I need some people who are looking to keep each other on check! Lets do it! :D

Replies

• yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You've LOST 140lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: Bloomin' heck (sorry I'm English) How on earth did you loose all that weight ? I'm moaning at the 50lbs that I have to loose. Maybe you'll answer me a question, when you have that much weight to loose WHERE on EARTH do you start. It's just something I've often wondered (NOT trying to be rude here) mainly because 140lbs is such a HUGE mountain to climb, did you just wake up one day and think' Enough is enough' did you have a health scare ? Did you want to loose it for yourself or to impress someone else? Full of admiration for you.WELL DONE Jay.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Deep in the heeeeeeeeeeart of Texas!!

Houston here. (Actually a transplant, but it could be worse... at least there's tex-mex here!) Congrats on your awesome loss!
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You've LOST 140lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: Bloomin' heck (sorry I'm English) How on earth did you loose all that weight ? I'm moaning at the 50lbs that I have to loose. Maybe you'll answer me a question, when you have that much weight to loose WHERE on EARTH do you start. It's just something I've often wondered (NOT trying to be rude here) mainly because 140lbs is such a HUGE mountain to climb, did you just wake up one day and think' Enough is enough' did you have a health scare ? Did you want to loose it for yourself or to impress someone else? Full of admiration for you.WELL DONE Jay.

While I'm not the OP and I haven't lost much, I do have a goal of dropping 180 lbs. For me at least, you take it one day at a time, one pound at a time. The goal is SO FAR away, that it isn't even on my mind. My mind is on my food for today, my exercise for today, and feeling great about where I am today.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 140 lost so far.

Places to check for like minded folks:

Goal: Maintaining Weight Forum

Browse Groups Recently Active

Good luck.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, that’s truly amazing. Not a Texan (but I am, a southern boy) here but I do like movies about Texas:

Pee-WEE.JPG
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on the weight loss! That's incredible!

I'm in San Antonio :)
  • jjchapa2
    Options
    I was 18 years old when I went to family clinic to get a physical for football but instead they sent me to a dietetic. My family is infested with diabetes and high blood pressure so that visit to the dietetic was an eye opener. I was embarrassed of working out in public so instead I would lock myself in my bed room. I bought this TAEBO Billy Boot Camp videos I found at a Walt Mart. One session was about 45 minutes and I remember I couldn't do 20 minutes without me dying for air. For two months I focused on that video by the end of the second month I was doing two complete sessions a day. I had lost around 35 pounds. After that I took my workout to the high school track field. Four laps was one mile but in the beginning I couldn't even do half of one lap. I quickly learned that all of this tiredness was a mind game. I would set myself mental goals during my workout. I would push myself to the farthest hash dash or tree or rock or whatever it was and I would keep running. By the time I knew I was running one mile then two and so far. It was a slow and painful process but I got it done by myself. So now I enjoy motivating people and helping them reach their goals. It keeps myself motivated.
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Way to go, man!

West Texas born and raised, here :drinker: I had 70 lbs to lose and like you, I took it day by day. It took me a while, but now I have less than 10 lbs to go. Kudos for wanting to help motivate people as well!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    Options
    Way to break the chain. Do you have siblings? If so I hope that they are able to follow your example.
  • Technolero
    Technolero Posts: 90
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 140 pounds!

I'm from Bastrop but work in Austin. Feel from to add me! BTW, what school are you going to? (I promise this won't affect accepting your friend request or not)...
  • jjchapa2
    Options
    Way to break the chain. Do you have siblings? If so I hope that they are able to follow your example.

Yes! Thank you, they all look up to me and they've kept themselves fit ever since I decided to start losing weight.
  • jjchapa2
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 140 pounds!

I'm from Bastrop but work in Austin. Feel from to add me! BTW, what school are you going to? (I promise this won't affect accepting your friend request or not)...

Hey thanks, I'm from Rio Grande City, in south Texas. I go to the University of Texas Pan American.
  • Technolero
    Technolero Posts: 90
    Options
    I used to work down in Rio Grande City! Glad to have you here at MFP!
  • jjchapa2
    Options
    I used to work down in Rio Grande City! Glad to have you here at MFP!

wow! its a small world haha thank you! I was born and raised here.
  • aprilndp
    aprilndp Posts: 10
    Options
    Way to Go! I live in the Suburbs of Houston and have lost 29 of 66 lbs so far. I am looking for a workout buddy to help push me on this journey.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm from San Antonio- now living near Austin.
  • jjchapa2
    Options
    Way to Go! I live in the Suburbs of Houston and have lost 29 of 66 lbs so far. I am looking for a workout buddy to help push me on this journey.

Thank you and great job yourself, keep it going! You've come so far already!
  • jjchapa2
    Options
    Congrats! I'm from San Antonio- now living near Austin.

Hey, I love SA and Austin. Keep it weird! haha I'm from Rio Grande City south Texas.
  • louisianagirl1612
    louisianagirl1612 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    140 lbs, wow!!! (Sings) Go Jay! Go Jay! & does the cabbage patch
    file:///C:/Users/toshiba/Desktop/tumblr_leut7h1jX61qf8yek.gif
  • Starrlynn92
    Starrlynn92 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Losing 140 pounds is amazing! I live in Texas near Fort Worth (a loooong way from the Rio Grande valley lol) and have lost 32 pounds so far . I still have 65 to go. Feel free to friend request me.