5K Color Run

Options
hubn8147
hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
Has anyone ever ran a Color Run before? If so, was it awesome? Worth it? I've never ran a 5K before, I would like to try, and this one seems like a good option. Thoughts?

Replies

• aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do that so bad when it was in my town, unfortunately I was having asthma issues at the time so the run + paint probably would have literally killed me. ^_^; I am hoping to do it next year when it comes around. Everyone that I know that when to it had a blast.
  • CarrieVPDX
    CarrieVPDX Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've done it and it is SUPER fun. Lots of people walk or slow jog. There were a lot of people at my event so it was actually a bit of a challenge to runt he whole thing because you had to dodge around people. But you will be a MESS when you are done, so prepare for that - spare shoes/ towels to cover car seats, etc. The color doesn't come out real well so I suggest making/buying a sugar scrub for your skin. And yeah, you inhale a lot of it, kinda gross.

Totally worth it though.
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I have not, but my sis in law did and while she said it was fun, there were a ton of kids and "running" was hard because you choak on the colored dye and the majority of the participants are walking. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. It's not a timed event so if you really just want to do something fun go for it. If you are looking for something challenging, I'd suggest just a regular 5k. The gimmicky stuff if fun, but most people doing them are just doing them for the experience.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I recently participated, and it was So Much Fun! I went with 3 other friends. What I really liked about it was that it was for just about any fitness level...you could run it, jog it, walk it really fast, or walk it really slow. The streets were blocked off so it was really safe to be on the streets. I'm not sure if the registration fee was "worth it", but the time spent with my friends doing something healthy for ourselves was definitely worth it!

I would definitely do another Color Run in the future.
  • SimoneNinan
    SimoneNinan Posts: 23
    Options
    Just did my first 5K and Color Run a week or so ago and despite the early arrival for early warm-up/Zumba, once I bought into their system of high energy silliness It WAS AWESOME. Super fun, very low-key and mellow. The color stations are 1/2 mile apart so it keeps it interesting. Lots of kids, strollers, wheel chairs. I recommend wearing a bandana around your head/hair (I did and am grateful) and wearing sun glasses to avoid crap in your eyes. Also - I dodged as many of the color pushes as I could at all times, and ditched out of the crazy end-of-race color toss dance and just danced afterwards in between additional color craziness. With all of those precautions, I came home and showered and had zero color on me. I never blew any color outta my nose, and my ears were clean! lol DO IT!!!!!
  • embarraco2012
    embarraco2012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My sister in law has done a "mud run" and a "color run" and she had a blast! I think they are a great way to run a marathon because it's all about the fun and experience along the way, not just who reaches the finish line the fastest. :-) You should definitely do it!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    We've done it twice as a family and had a blast each time. You can't really run because there are so many people walking, so go with a group of friends and enjoy it. Also, a little tip that we learned from experience last time: do the pre-race Zumba, get up towards the front by the stage and watch for the unicorn. When they tell the audience to follow the Runicorn if they are ready to start the race--do it! You conga-line behind him right up through the crowd waiting in line to the very front!
  • scottsgirl4lyfe2004
    scottsgirl4lyfe2004 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i signed up for 1 this coming October cant wait