what do you get at chipotle?

Options

Replies

• foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chicken bowl with brown rice, both mild and corn salsa, pinto beans, a little cheese and a LOT of lettuce. I also get a kids's size chips and a side of guac. I eat half the bowl, all the chips and half the guac for the first meal and then have the rest the next day. The kids's size chips are a nice treat... I justify it since I onlyeat half the bowl! :)
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    well i get a chicken burrito there with tortilla, white rice, pinto beans, chicken, sour cream, and cheese. It isn't the healthiest combo but it is sooooo delicious and i don't live near a Chipolte so I only get it on occasions. lol
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I really like Chipotle. It's good, fresh mexican food. I get a burrito bowl - chicken, black beans, lettuce, cheese, hot salsa, tomato salsa and sometimes the fajita veggies. I don't add the rice because I'm diabetic and don't need all those carbs in it. There are enough carbs in it for me without the rice. I usually only eat half of the burrito bowl unless I'm really, really hungry. But I did notice on the nutrition menu on their website that the tomato salsa has a lot of sodium in it, more than the chicken. So just be careful if you are trying to watch salts.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Gas
  • beleeLafter
    beleeLafter Posts: 47
    Options
    I never eat there but have acquired a gift card.
    Any takers?????
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    hell yah!! ^^^

i like a bowl with white rice, black beans, barbacoa, pico & hot, sour cream, cheese, lettuce. very special treat though. doesn't fit too well in my macros.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    elmopooping.gif

The runs
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I usually WANT a burrito, but I get a bowl. Lately, I've been getting the Sofritas, which is the tofu...I like it. I also get rice even though I know I could do without it...I like it.

So that's a Sofritas Bowl, brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, mild salsa, medium salsa, and guac. Yes, I know that the guac will cost extra...I'll take it anyway.
  • TheGreatBeyond
    Options
    someone tried to tell me that Chipotle was health food...

ummm-no.gif
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Bowl with tortilla on the side, white rice, black beans, fajita, mild salsa, sour cream, guac, lettuce, and limes. You can ask for limes if they don't have them out.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    only been there once and that was enough for me
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I dont go there

there are always so many BETTER mexican options

Like Taco Bell!

DeK2tE2.gif
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    someone tried to tell me that Chipotle was health food...

ummm-no.gif

Chipotle is not NOT a health food though. Or at least, that's what I try to tell myself.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Nothing now that they've posted a sign saying firearm carrying individuals are not welcome in their stores.

I could choose to not carry inside their store, but since they don't support my right to carry, I cannot return the support.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I only eat meat a couple of times per month and always in a restaurant...so ALWAYS their steak...it is my favorite! Their chicken is good too. I tried the barbacoa and didn't like it at all...reminded me of pot roast, not my thing...

Steak burrito bowl with rice, black beans, lettuce, and sour cream. No cheese, guac, or salsa, but sometimes I add fajita veggies.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    About once every month in a half I must have a veggie bowl: brown rice, extra black beans, corn salsa, hot salsa, tomato salsa, a little cheese, a tiny dab of sour cream and lettuce on top. I usually squeeze some lemon juice on that. Ridiculously good!
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The burrito bowl is the "right choice". The chicken/steak burrito with spicy salsa, no lettuce, cheese, guac, and sour cream would be my dream choice. This is one of those places you go for lunch when you had >250 cals for dinner, and have fish, veggies, or the other half of your burrito for dinner.

If you're looking for a healthier choice at a real mexican place, I usually go with the shrimp tacos and take off any extra tortillas and skip the rice and beans. Takes some serious willpower, though!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It honestly never crossed my mind to compare any of these burrito joints (Moe's, Qdoba, Freebirds, Chipotle) to a Mexican restaurant. Wat?!

I guess yeah SOME ingredients are somewhat in the same neighborhood but I think of these as a whole other type of cuisine honestly. I LOVE actual Mexican food - seems like in my area there's a fabulous real Mexican place on every corner - but to me that's just a completely different thing altogether.
  • hospitablegirl
    hospitablegirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pre-diet: Burrito with white rice, black beans, chicken, tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole.

Now: Bowl with white rice, black beans, fajita veggies, chicken, and extra tomato salsa. *sigh*
  • Daulphine311
    Options
    Ours is opening soon:smile: