Help!!! Shampoo

Options
My friend has just invited me round to his for some Champagne and canapes - the canapes are no problem but the champagne is a weakness for me as the reason I have put three stone on is the cycle of drinking one then two then thre glasses of wine then follows the killer hangover which takes me three days to recover from - in which time I stop going to the gym and eat a load of rubbish and have no motivation to do anything - then (if I am lucky and no one turns up with yet more booze) I usually get back on my gym fit good eating routine again within four or five days - but if i stay off the booze for twelve weeks and lose the weight I can keep the weight down because what I am really trying to lose is the givning up smoking weight gain....
so what shall I do? shall I stay away? tkae some soft drink and swap it? or should I go and drink tea? he is an english prep school boy and can be persuasive - oh I don't know because I am determined not to start the cycle again but want to see him for a catch up - maybe I should take the car? HELP!!! :devil:

Replies

• jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    Take the car! Then you have an excuse not to drink because you have to drive. From that point you just have to go and be strong. Keep in the back of your head that you are doing this for you. nobody else.
  • smarshall88
    Options
    Yikes sounds like the cycle I go through when I drink alchohol! I say untill you reach your goal weight dont fall into your weakness!
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Champagne is relatively low in calories. You could have a glass or two and be fine. Drink a few glasses of water in between so you don't get drunk and lose all inhibitions and drink/eat too much!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If he's a good friend you should tell him that Champagne is a problem for you and maybe suggest something else. Tell him your goals and there's a good chance he would be a big supporter and try to help you.

My husband used to eat ice cream in the evenings in front of me on the couch, and anything else (chips, cookies, etc.). One day I mentioned something to him about how it's really hard to stay on track when he's eating all this food I want to eat right in front of me. He had never thought of it and now when he gets snack y in the evening, he eats it away from me and doesn't offer any to me. That way I don't even have to think about it until I kiss him and can smell it on his breath :)
  • luv2workout
    Options
    Yeah, that's a vicious circle ... been there. Enjoyed my New Year's Eve ... now it's clean eating and no drinking for a while.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Take the car! Then you have an excuse not to drink because you have to drive. From that point you just have to go and be strong. Keep in the back of your head that you are doing this for you. nobody else.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Shampoo?
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You're 37 - not 12 - don't fall into peer pressure. My goodness.
    If anything tell them that you have to drive and that you're changing your ways and don't want to drive when you have been drinking.
    Have a water, pop, or only one glass of Champagne, not six.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on fitness just cause of a hang-over! I have a hang over right now, and tonight instead of cardio/lifting I do a swim... the hung over body loves it. Use the hot-tub and sauna! Go out with the boy, you know you want too. Read your horoscope. Pull a Tarot card or something.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I drink champagne and it has not hindered my weight loss at all. I log it when I drink it and at home usually add some diet cranberry juice and drop in some frozen cranberries to keep it cold (frozen strawberries in the summer) You can add any sugar free carbonated flavored drink to make it go further. As the above poster said, the dry champagne is lower in calories than the wine or beer, so.................enjoy!!:flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    ...and remember, for every bottle of wine, have a bottle of water...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    "Shampoo" grabbed my attention, but your post made me laugh. :laugh:

I have no advice to give as alcohol is my weakness too. :tongue:

Good luck with whatever you choose. :flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You're 37 - not 12 - don't fall into peer pressure. My goodness.
    If anything tell them that you have to drive and that you're changing your ways and don't want to drive when you have been drinking.
    Have a water, pop, or only one glass of Champagne, not six.

I completely agree with this. There is nothing wrong with saying, "I'm sorry but I've made a committment to myself to make better choices. Champagne is a trigger for me to eat unhealthily... I think I'll stick with _____________ (insert safe beverage here)."

Seriously though - this is your chance to stand up FOR YOU. This is your chance to prove that you are in control OF YOU. Don't let anyone dictate what you do or do not put in your mouth.

And oh yeah... shampoo????
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Let me reverse it.
    Do you want to feel bad for that many days?
    Not drinking will make you feel better and your body and keep you motivated to continue.
    I say skip the drinks. Nothing ever came out good from a few drinks....lol
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Let me reverse it.
    Do you want to feel bad for that many days?
    Not drinking will make you feel better and your body and keep you motivated to continue.

I think Bauer77 is TOTALLY correct. It is easy for ppl to comment on will power, but if you are a person that has this food issue (after chanpagne) then take what ever precautions you need to take to avoid the temptation. It is up to you how strong you can be. Decide if you can be around it and not drink or if you have to avoid that whole scenario all together. Good Luck.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options

:D

This made me chuckle a bit because I'm sure more than a few babies were the result of a few drinks.

Seriously, just say "No". New Years Eve at Midnight when everyone had their glass of champagne in hand to toast and drink. I took one sip of mine and then poured the rest into my friend's glass.
    The rest of the evening I drank only water while everyone else drank this rancid concoction of really cheap beer, frozen lemonade and bottom shelf vodka. Guess who didn't feel like crap the next morning?
  • billiebimbo
    billiebimbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    loved the advice - decided that ididn't want to be dragged into a night of wine and stuff - it only messes with my motivation - I text him and said I would see him tomo in the day time after the gym for tea!!! I consider myself worthy of a major pat on the back!! thanks for the post xx
  • billiebimbo
    Options
    totally agree - wine weakens my resolve and I feel like hell on earth in the moring so I decided that until it becomes habit inabout a month I am going to avoid boozy situations - sent him a text crying off for the evening - told him I would see him tomo after the gym for a tea!! I am pleased with myself because I am breaking a bit of a cycle thanks for the post xx
  • billiebimbo
    Options
    Yes I am 37 and I hear you - was really getting some support from anywhere I could as I have only just got off the rather long term treadmill of having a friend call one night invite me out - then drinking and losing motivation etc - have been on this bandwagon for about three months what with partner going to afghanistan, then hititing the lows - then halloween, then bonfire night then my birthday 8th november - then xmas run up - then partner coming back from afghanistan then new year!! ha ha whoo what a whirlwind!! however last year was a year of gym for two weeks lose 4 pound then out on a bender toput itall back on and some - and the thing is I am trying to lose weight gain from giving up smoking - so I didn't weaken I avoided the situation - no need to put myself under extra pressure - told him via text that I was off the grog and this was going to be the case for at least three months -
    I am in the process of supplying myself with a big pat on the back!!!

Thanks for the post and the kick up the posterior xxxx