My big boobed sisters

Options
Sports bras - give me the low down. Last week my boob actually fell out of my bra/shirt and hit me in the face.

I'd prefer to buy in person. I'm a 40F right now (well, perhaps a bit smaller, since my weight loss). Even XXL's you can buy in Target just don't cut it. I need the girls to stay in place.

Replies

• DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Go to a real sporting goods store and try a bunch on until you find a good fit. I've never had much luck at places like Cachique (or however the heck it's spelled) but places like Dic k's sell good bras. Call first to see if they carry anything close to your size, though. The bras I get a places like Target are for walking around or working, but nothing high impact. lol
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A website called Bounce.com has a lot of different sport bras and they have a rating system for how well they hold you in. Also look into Bare Necessities website. They have a lot of different bras on that site.
  • jessicahill530
    jessicahill530 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort maia or fiona. Best sports bras for big chested ladies IMO.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Buy a fitted to your size bra. You may have to order online, but Nordstroms can at least fit you and give advice on how brands run size-wise. They'll have at least two or three bras there in your size, and bigger cities will have a really great selection. I am a 32H and I'm absolutely in love with the Panache sports bra! It isn't a compression bra, but I can comfortably run and do serious plyo with almost no wiggle at all. The cups do run bigger on Panache bras, so I sized down one cup and really could have gone two (especially since I'm losing weight, I'm hoping my endowments shrink to a more balanced size for the rest of my body). Keep in mind whatever sized bra you get, the band size should be exactly the same as your rib cage right below your breasts. For example, my ribs right below my breast are 33in, so the 32 band fits comfortably on the largest setting, which means as the bra stretches slightly with age it will still have room to adjust to fit me tight enough to provide support. I bought mine through Amazon because exchanging the size would be free that way if it fit me horribly. Feel free message me if you have questions!
  • mulefeather
    mulefeather Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Look on the Catherine's website. It's an offshoot of Lane Bryant and Cacique, owned by the same company. They have a sports bra that comes in a lot of different colors and goes all the way up to a 6x. It's also nice because it goes a little higher on the chest than a typical bra so the girls don't hang out for the world to see. Catherine's stuff is expensive but very nice quality, and their stuff is cut very generously so you might want to take measurements first.

Also try Woman Within, they have 4-5 different sports bras from different makers.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I can not find one that fits. I have tried 3 times in past two weeks to find one locally and nothing fits. I do not want to order online since everything I try on does not do the job. I have been to ****s, JC Pennys, Macy, Dillards and Target. The ones that actually manage to cover my boobs only leave me with a uniboob and well that is not going to work for me. For the time being I am wearing an old sport bra and a regular bra to contain them. It sucks and I sweat like crazy. Hand wash and start again tomorrow. UGH!!!!!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound nuts, but I've found that the only thing that works for me is a sports bra over my regular bra. It means having to wash my regular one more often, which kinda sucks, but honestly it's the only way I'm not flopping around while running.
  • arabellaflagg
    arabellaflagg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes agreed. Sports store is the way. I have never found a sports bra in a clothing store that deserved the title. In fact most of them have less support than a t-shirt bra. I rotate 2 bras that I found in Modells. One is a Shock Absorber Level 4 , the other is an Under Armour.
  • mmrey11
    mmrey11 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have the same problem. What i normally do is wear two that are the same size. That does the trick for me! I got a two pack at walmart for like 12 bucks. Theyre danskin. Hope that helps!(:
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The only ones I've found that are comfortable and supportive without being too constricting are from Jockey. If you have a Jockey store, try it out! They have some 'push up' style, but I find they're more supportive than any other ones and hold everything in without showing off your headlights.
  • mmrey11
    mmrey11 Posts: 21
    Options
    i'm a 34 DDD btw:smile:
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. What i normally do is wear two that are the same size. That does the trick for me! I got a two pack at walmart for like 12 bucks. Theyre danskin. Hope that helps!(:

I'm only a D and have to wear 2 if they aren't that great. But If I find a good one. I like Champion, I wear that plus a really tight tank top and that works a bit.
  • geishastitches
    geishastitches Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Rarity and cheaper route. I usually by my exercise bra from the just my size collection from walmart. Definitely not my go to for regular bras (cause I like pretty ones) but when I was taking boxing I found a front closure minimizer. Helped a lot...especially when I was doing a 100 jumping jacks and I AM 38/40DDD.
  • hissexybeast
    Options
    I have had great luck with the Moving Comfort Juno bra. I now wear a 34DDD in Victoria Secret bras (thank god they started making prettier versions for sizes over DD!), but buy 34DD in Moving Comfort. You can go to the Moving Comfort website, but I recommend Zappos because it has the same price ($56), free next day shipping and free returns. I started out with 2 of these bras and now own 6. I have tried various other bras but NOTHING has matched this one. They are a bit pricey, but well worth their value because the "girls" seriously stay in place. Hope this helps!

***I have tried 2 other styles of Moving Comfort...can't recall off the top of my head but they did not perform as well as the Juno...it's a pain to put on but you get used to it and nothing beats not having your boobs bouncing around!
  • hissexybeast
    Options
    Just read everyone else's replies...Can't believe there are so many of you ladies that haven't bought a quality sports bra and are "doubling up"!!! You can't believe that a bra marked XL or MD or whatever would be able to support your boobs! You don't wear bras like that for everyday all day, so why would you wear something generically marked like that to support your boobs when you are active! Seriously, try the Moving Comfort Juno. I can only speak as 34DDD myself, so I don't know if bigger sizes are a different story, but you all should give it a try! I've done the compression bras marked small and squished together as a uniboob...the Moving Comfort Juno will change your life! :smile:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I'm a DD and can cram the girls into the VS sports bra with the underwire. It might be too small for you but worth trying if you haven't already.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    This is going to sound nuts, but I've found that the only thing that works for me is a sports bra over my regular bra. It means having to wash my regular one more often, which kinda sucks, but honestly it's the only way I'm not flopping around while running.

I do that too! Always havr. It is the only way for me to be comfy and 'safe'
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Let me just second Title Nine/Bounce (same website). They have a large variety of styles and lots of information to help you select the right style of bra.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the help! We have a local fitness store - I need new shoes. I'll test some bras there to get a feel for what I like. I'm sure doing jumping jacks in the changing room is totally normal ;)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like the Freya sports bras, they hold my 32GGs in place :wink: