Meals help Please

Options
I'm usually more hungry in the morning than in the evening. I was wondering which meal is best for your largest meal? I didn't do too well this morning because of my hunger and really need to buy some nutritious snacks.

Replies

• karikariboberry
    karikariboberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ive been making a large frittata and then splitting it into 6 portions, wrapping them individually in the fridge waiting for me in the morning!
    If I'm more hungry than my slice of fritatta I will pair it with 1/2 english muffin w/jam on it.

also, if you eat cereal, Hungry Girl has a really good huge cereal bowl for low calories, im sure its floating around here on the internet somewhere!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but what is a fritata? LOL...I'm starting to wonder if I'm only hungrier now because I think about everything now. I've eaten a banana, yogurt and bagel for breakfast for at least the past 3 yrs and now I minus the bagel and add Kashi cereal but I just don't seem to be satisfied!
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but what is a fritata? LOL...I'm starting to wonder if I'm only hungrier now because I think about everything now. I've eaten a banana, yogurt and bagel for breakfast for at least the past 3 yrs and now I minus the bagel and add Kashi cereal but I just don't seem to be satisfied!

A fritata is kind of like an egg pizza. You mix about 2 to 3 eggs together, put it in the frying pan (just like you would do a omlote), then sprinkle vegetables on top. I like to use onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn and sweet peppers. I like to sprinkle cheddar cheese and italian seasoning on top and grill the top once the bottom's cooked. You can change it up by using feta or mozerrela, or sliced meat (pepperoni, Parma ham).
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Today I ate raisin bran cereal and skim milk for breakfast also for lunch I like two fresno's beef tacos from Taco John, they are low and filling. Last night I had a bake potatoe with slice of cheese and small amount of margarie, which I counted with steam green beans with a small amount of margarine and lots of seasonings. I also ate a few almonds and dried fruit which I counted the calories for a snack.

I hope this helps.
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Also I found out that it takes at least three days to get sugar out of you're system. It seemed to me anyway. Good luck and God Bless!! I am with your all the way!! Keep your chin up!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I read a post on MFP recently that made a lot of sense. Eat like a king for breakfast. Eat like a prince for lunch. Eat like a pauper for dinner. This way your body has more time to burn off the calories IF you remain active throughout the day. Just remember to stay within your total net calories and drink plenty of water. There was also a post that included many good snacks, just use the "Search" feature to find it. Good luck.
  • TrudyLea
    Options
    In my humble opinion - a lifetime dieter - I really think that if you add more protein to your breakfast and eat less carbs for breakfast you might not get so hungry. Adding an egg sounds like a great idea. Maybe an egg would have roughly the same cal as the banana. This is just my experience but if I eat a lot of carbs for breakfast I get hungrier before lunch.
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion - a lifetime dieter - I really think that if you add more protein to your breakfast and eat less carbs for breakfast you might not get so hungry. Adding an egg sounds like a great idea. Maybe an egg would have roughly the same cal as the banana. This is just my experience but if I eat a lot of carbs for breakfast I get hungrier before lunch.

I agree with this!! I totally feel the same way if I dont eat enough protein!!

Good luck! :)
  • joycekramirez
    joycekramirez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine, who is in great shape, eat's this for breakfast:

1/3 cup plain oatmeal or 1/3 oat bran, sprinkle with 1-2 T. of milled flaxseed and honey
    4 egg whites and 1 yolk, scrambled – feel free to add mushrooms, peppers, and onions
  • rawdefault
    Options
    Eat breakfast as your largest meal of the day :) the above commentor quoted a great diet tip: breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.