Favorite low calorie cocktails?

Hi everyone! I'm going on a 3 night camping trip and I enjoy having a drink around the fire at night. I'm trying to plan my meals out so I stay within my daily calorie goals and I know this includes any beverages. So I'm wondering what your favorite drink is? I used to love rum & coke but I've pretty much quit drinking sodas. Any good suggestions besides don't drink? lol :drinker:

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Black cherry rum & diet vanilla soda is one of my faves. But if soda is out... I've bought a low calorie margarita that is good. And Mike's Hard brand has some lower calorie options.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Had to search my food log... Jose Cuervo is the brand, I think it was a berry flavored margarita. I logged 25.4 ounces as 602 calories.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    gin and tonic with a hint of lime, or diet ginger ale. if your a beer fan go with Guinness or another type of dark beer, as they tend to have less calories than regular drafts

really any spirit with a low calorie mixer is your best bet though
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Vodka and club soda with a squirt of water flavor, or flavored vodka with club soda or Blackfly long island ice tea (in a wide mouth plastic bottle for ice and non-breakage) 100 calories each, Smirnoff Ice light...they have new flavour, raspberry and black cherry each can has 100 calories..

Molsen Canadian Sublime 67 calories a beer

Wine spritzers made with sprite zero.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    I just buy the good stuff and have it on ice.
  • RedRider230
    RedRider230 Posts: 89 Member
    Vodka and club soda with a squirt of water flavor, or flavored vodka with club soda or Blackfly long island ice tea (in a wide mouth plastic bottle for ice and non-breakage) 100 calories each, Smirnoff Ice light...they have new flavour, raspberry and black cherry each can has 100 calories..

Molsen Canadian Sublime 67 calories a beer

Wine spritzers made with sprite zero.

Great suggestions, thank you! I hadn't thought about the club sodas with water flavoring. I think I'll try that! :happy:
  • RedRider230
    I just buy the good stuff and have it on ice.

I like the way you think! lol
  • RedRider230
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone! Oh my goodness, might have to try that black berry margarita and just say to hell with the calorie counting! lol
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Skinny Pirates are usually my go to- coconut rum and diet vanilla coke. But any "diet" mixer with something clear and you should be good to go.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    I just drink it straight - no ice -

Whiskey or Tequilla are my go to!
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Jose Cuervo light margarita premixed over ice. It's really low in calories and tastes awesome!
    Also Lisa Lillian aka hungry girl has a bunch of skinny cocktail recipes that are pretty good.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Plain vodka or whiskey and soda water (not tonic, soda is calorie free) with lime.

Do not drink flavored vodkas as they are full of sugar and have more calories. Same goes for the "diet" beverages- they contain less alcohol so you have to drink even more to get your buzz on.
  • dynellthomas12
    dynellthomas12 Posts: 16 Member
    I usually have vodka with crystal light.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Flavored vodka with seltzer. Great for the summer. I recommend raspberry or vanilla for starters, though I find that too sweet.
  • jmbouchard
    jmbouchard Posts: 1
    A great refreshing cocktail that I love is: Mandarin Absolut ( 69 calories per oz.) with water or La Croix sparkling water, a splash of cranberry and a lime. yummy!
  • Tywhi3
    Tywhi3 Posts: 8 Member
    I had no idea there was a such thing as a low calorie cocktail. I've just been avoiding liquor and it frustrates me sometimes, and when I do drink it's usually just straight. I don't have any real contribution, but this is a great thread.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Enjoy!

:drinker:
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Vodka with diet tonic or rum with Crystal Light...
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Svedka Vodka with Cherry Pomegranate Crystal Lite. The tartness compliments the vodka well. I also like rum and diet coke.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Plain vodka or whiskey and soda water (not tonic, soda is calorie free) with lime.

Do not drink flavored vodkas as they are full of sugar and have more calories. Same goes for the "diet" beverages- they contain less alcohol so you have to drink even more to get your buzz on.

Diet tonic is calorie free also and isn't too bad! :)