What's More Attractive?

Options
I'm quite certain on what the answer will be, but I'm just curious!

So, ladies, what would you prefer to see yourself as? Thin and slender or fit and defined?

What lengths would you go through to get yourself there?

Replies

• Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, when I started my 'God I need to lose some weight' journey I had a vague idea I wanted to be thin and willowy. Since being on mfp and seeing success pics of people who have lifted weights I am now aiming more specifically for some definition. Ideally the kind of body they show to illustrate a 20-22% female body fat percentage.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Why can't you be all of the above? I think I am.

As far as what lengths would I go, I spend 2-3 hours a week doing strength training and countless minutes walking and stairclimbing.

I will admit that my goal is mostly aesthetic, but it's not to attract anyone or anything. At this point in my life, I don't really care how people see me.

And I'll add this: Before someone comes in and says that I have a husband so I don't need to attract anyone, well, he met me and fell in love with me at my highest weight. So everything I do is for me.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    the title is a bit of a ....well...misdirection.

How do I want to see myself...fit and defined and I lift heavy weights to do just that....

As for what is more attractive..neither...confidence is what is attractive and it doesn't matter what you look like if you are confident in yourself you will attract people...

Otherwise I wouldn't have that good looking man on my side...he didn't care what I weighed or weigh...my confidence got him...and keeps him along with a few other choice adjectives
  • Mistraal1981
    Options
    Hollydubs hasthe body shape/level of fitness I am aiming for.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

:blushing: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Mistraal1981
    Options

:blushing: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

:D
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Fit and defined.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I want to be somewhat muscular with some definition.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    None of the above... just very curvy. Which is not going to happen. :(
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    How I want to see myself has nothing to do with what other people may or may not deem more attractive.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    both, because I am attracted to myself when I am thin as well as fit - you've gotta love yourself first :)
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I want to be smooth and sleek like a dolphin

100904112944_dolphin_man.jpg

Then I can finally beat my arch nemesis Michael Phelps in the 400m freestyle. Ill never beat him in the butterfly though, not without PEDs.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i have to admit, i envy the willowy thin girls i see out there - I don't know how they do it, but i am not willing to starve myself to get there.

i am willing to exercise and work hard - which makes the end result of athletic more probable.

as for which is more attractive - depends on the attitude.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Both. And I think I am! I don't think you need to be one or the other. and what I find attractive on me may not be what I find attractive on another woman. And also, what I find attractive on me others may not. However its about loving yourself and what you see in the mirror.

I personally want to be thin and look good in my jeans, but when in a bikini I want to rock my muscles!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    How I want to see myself has nothing to do with what other people may or may not deem more attractive.

This but I also don't understand - none of those things are mutually exclusive.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    awesome.

I'm attracted to awesome.

that's my answer.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    awesome.

I'm attracted to awesome.

that's my answer.

Ditto.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    As for what is more attractive..neither...confidence is what is attractive and it doesn't matter what you look like if you are confident in yourself you will attract people...

I'm sorry but a confident 400lb woman is not as attractive to me as a 150lb woman with or lacking confidence. I'm guessing like everything attractiveness is a Bell Curve. As many people will be attracted to the 400lb woman as will be attracted to the ultra rail skinny underweight girl who starves herself. Most people will probably fall somewhere in the middle of the extremes with some degree of flexibility.

She's just saying that looks aren't exclusively what makes someone attractive.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    What people find attractive is such a personal/individual thing. Some men love Kim K's backside while others like Kelly Ripa's tiny tush. Some women like long and lean men while others like big and beefy. It's all good.

Working on having a great personality and being a kind and interesting person (who is active) is probably a better way to spend your time instead of worrying if you have the body type that most people find attractive.