Please help me understand

Options
2»

Replies

• stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would be happy if my BF% showed up lower, but I think 28% is too high.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How long since you stopped losing? It's normal to stall for a couple weeks at a time.
  • stephbeland8
    stephbeland8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you tried completely changing up your workout? I find when I really get into the flow if things that I stop losing weight! My body becomes accustom to these specific workouts, now it time to flip in on it's head! Good luck

Exactly! :)
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Being a fairly new mother, how's your sleep pattern? If you aren't getting enough sleep, the weight will not drop nearly as quickly.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Remember that the less you weigh, the fewer calories you need (excluding other variables like activity level.) That means that as you lose weight you often have to consume fewer calories if you're keeping activities the same. It's unfortunate but it's just the way it goes. A 140 pound body just doesn't need as much fuel as a 180 pound body if those bodies are doing the same daily activity and have similar muscle mass.

Sad fact, but that's just the way it goes. You can't eat the same amount as you did when you were heavier unless you increase exercise or gain muscle mass (which you won't be doing eating at a calorie deficit...)

1600 calories a day at your size shouldn't be making you feel that terrible if they're the right kind of calories. Are you getting an appropriate proportion of macro and micro nutrients? Plenty of protein and fat?