A Fit Man Trapped inside a Fat Body

Options
Hello all, a 39 year old former athlete who has struggled with weight for years. Almost since college ended when I no longer had football, hockey, or baseball to play I have been overweight.

Its recently really been kicking my *kitten* mentally until I decided that I was going to solve this problem because it really was a choice I was making, I'm not a slave to some third party that wants me to be fat. I am the one sitting on the couch instead of going to the gym, I am the one ordering the pizza instead of getting my *kitten* into the kitchen.

Right this minute I am a fit and fabulous 210 lbs of muscle and 15% body fat, unfortunately I'm also currently trapped inside this fat guy, this will be resolved by my 40th birthday in December.

Good luck to all in your endeavours, I'm not failing this time !

Replies

• joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! BTW, my husband isn't very "fit", but he recently joint an adult baseball team (with my 16 year old son). They only play/practice on Sundays, but at least it's something, as he won't exercise for exercise for exercise's sake.:smile:
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 (female) and in athletics. It won't be like it was when you were younger (thoughtless speed and power) but you'll have experience and cunning. It's actually more worthwhile in your adult years. Get your self in shape with diet and lifting and use your favorite sport for cardio. You'll never be sorry you did!
  • BonworthVonFattyPants
    BonworthVonFattyPants Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Very familiar story, man. I wish you the best with it.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I’m there with you bro, it’s hard but it’s worth every ounce of sweat. You just gotta get back in touch with that former you and figure out what works for you. You can do it! I did, well I’m still under construction a work in progress but I’m just about where I would like to be. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it’s not the train.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I'm a fit woman trapped inside a fluffy womans body so I know how you feel. I used to be super active when I was younger before I injured both of my knees. I was always on the move skateboarding, walking, running, biking, playing baseball, football anything really, I just loved being active! Now i'm rediscovering that active & fit person inside me & finding what I can do! BTW I love your username :happy:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I miss being the athlete I once was too!!! We can and WILL get it back, because.....of course we will!!!! :)
  • KarKrzy29
    KarKrzy29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I too am a former athlete and wanna be bodybuilder trapped in the body that just got bigger and bigger and not with muscles :( . You just have to give yourself those pep talks your coaches gave you, see the end result, give it your all, and most importantly don't give up. Being out of shape didn't happen overnight, and you will not get back into shape overnight, just like the turtle and the hare, slow and steady wins the race, too fast and you will burn yourself out. Make small goals and challenge yourself to get there when you hit them make new ones. Soon you will be the athlete you once were.
  • SleepKoala
    SleepKoala Posts: 26
    Options
    Your post was great to read.. motivated me! Lol.. good luck I am sure you will get there. :)
  • KingOfTheGeeks
    Options
    I am going to post my current pics and post the results of my body composition tests. Not that any of you are really that interested in seeing my fat but there is something therapeutic about just saying here I am, I didn't do it right, and now im going to fix it !

Say good things to yourself, if you speak negatively to yourself, so will everyone else !