Need Help

Options
Hello Everyone, I am pretty new to this site been about 5 days. I am having a hard tme getting a work out in. i am trying to go in the mornings before work but they dont open till 6 and i have to leave and get ready for work by 7.. i was wondering if there are any good cardio fat burnign work outs that i can do at home

Replies

• minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Ok I totally know that not everyone is a runner or does not enjoy it, BUT it is such a great cardio workout that is so good for you and the best thing ever...YOU CAN DO IT ANYWHERE! No matter how cold, raining, hot, humid and so on running can be done. Or if you don't like that idea you can always walk. Just my thought. I came a runner a few years ago and believe me I hated it, but once I started signing up for races I was hooked plus I lost 60lbs and I feel great. Good luck to you!
  • minnesota
    Options
    also no gym required which means no waiting for a machine, no gym membership needed, and you can always find time. :)
  • sehncw99
    Options
    Thanks :) i used to me a runner but since i have gained like 30 lbs i dont know how well i will be at it right now, but i do love walking which is another thing i don't feel like it burns enough calories
  • minnesota
    Options
    Remember this.... Whether you are running or walking the number of miles you complete is the same. If I run 4 miles at a 7mph and burn 475 calories it would be the same if I walked 4 miles. You take your weight times that by .72 and that is the number you burn per mile. I found this on runner's world and live by it. Hope that helps.
  • sehncw99
    Options
    It did help alot :) thanks so much made me feel better!
  • deirdremryan
    deirdremryan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have never been a runner, but my entire family is made up of runners. In September, I did the "Couch to 5k" plan (google it, you'll find it, you can even download an app to your ipod if you have one) and I followed that. I've now ran in three 5ks and am currently training for my first half marathon. It's great because it really eases you into running. As a former runner, you'll probably surpass the workouts towards the end of the plan, as a non-runner, I did. Keeping track of my calories on my fitness pal worked wonders, too. I've lost 40 pounds since September!
  • MillerLB83
    Options
    Find a buddy and take up a new sport. Tennis and basketball equipment is relatively inexpensive and courts can be found at most public parks. Exercise is always more fun with a friend. Plus, the stop/start action of both of these sports is akin to interval training, which keeps your body guessing.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Walking is one of the best exercises that you can do - it's low impact on your joints, it gets your heart pumping and it's good for you. Failing that - how about jumping jacks, calisthenics, etc... look up boot camp workouts. Do you have a DVD player? Look at some of the workout videos - I've heard that Jillian Michaels videos are good. Make your mind up that you're going to do it and then make it work.
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Remember this.... Whether you are running or walking the number of miles you complete is the same. If I run 4 miles at a 7mph and burn 475 calories it would be the same if I walked 4 miles. You take your weight times that by .72 and that is the number you burn per mile. I found this on runner's world and live by it. Hope that helps.

What a fantastic tip. I joined this website just yesterday and i have already learned loads of info to help me with my weightloss. Thankyou :)
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I bike to work. I figure l have to get there, why not get my workout in at the same time. Also this way I get a second workout on the way home. And I get to see the sunset on the beach most days. I love it.
  • SteffieB
    Options
    I do Slim N Six and Taebo, along with some aerobics. It seems to work for me. I have the same problem as well with my work schedule, so I have learned to just work out at home. I also have a treadmill that I use that is most useful!

Good Luck!
  • sehncw99
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! you guys are awesome