Running

Options
Hello, i currently have begun working out daily with my marine recruiter doing jogging to start and moving on to weighlifting. I am wondering if i should run in the evening as well or would it harm my morning workouts each day? Also does anyone have a printable logg i can use so i can track my weightlifting as well instead of my running only like i currently do

Replies

• Sirblader11
    Sirblader11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Running is such a personal preference, but I will ask is there a reason you want to do two a day runs? It's good to weight train and run on the same days so on your off days your legs get a true rest. When I'm training for a marathon or relay race I do two a day runs for teaching my body the stress. My body tends to be sluggish the next day after a two a day run. You'll have to be the judge on how you feel. I don't think it's harmful just questioning the necessity.

As for a log. I'm old school. Pen and paper in a notebook.

Good luck in the Marines!
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have run twice a day and have a few friends who do so, but if you are new to running I wouldn't recommend it as too much of a good thing is bad for you and can lead to injuries. I'd stick with running once a day. I think your gain will be more giving your body an opportunity to recover.

I'm with Minnesota - I just use pen and paper but here are a few logs:

http://werkit.com/forms
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Running doubles isn't really beneficial unless you run very high mileage already.

Maybe you could bike ? Or find something else ?