Help needed to reduce the body fat %

Options
HI all..

Today is my first day. I have always been very healthy. After having children ( 7 Years ago).. I am having trouble getting back to my healthy weight. Yesterday I had a shock when I did my body assessment at the gym. My fat % is 42%. Now I am 5 feet tall and weigh about 149.2 lbs..

My ideal weight is anywhere from 115lb to 124lb.

Any tips and suggestion would help!!!
PS: I am a vegetarian.

Thank you!

Replies

• Pritree
    Pritree Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to reduce my body fat % as well. It can be a little tricky as a vegetarian, but I am trying hard to increase my protein (I've been very carb-heavy). I've started drinking Vega Protein Shakes with unsweetened almond milk at least once a day. I also have a trainer at the gym who is helping with strength training and coming up for a plan for me to do on my own (bc I can't afford to keep paying a trainer!).

I'm fairly new to this too so I would love to hear others' tips!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Consistent moderate calorie deficit and lift some heavy weights to keep lean muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Consistent moderate calorie deficit and lift some heavy weights to keep lean muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yup, it's that simple...key word: CONSISTENT