In search of Kosher Diaries

Looking for some open healthy balanced successful kosher diaries for ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Feel free to send a friend request to see my Diary. My eating habits aren't 100% healthy yet (I did make many changes in the last 4 months), but it is working in regards to weight loss.
  • Zohar94
    Zohar94 Posts: 25 Member
    Hey, I eat kosher by eating most of the time vegetarian (because i live as a student and have a really small kitchen so no place for both meat and diary. ) When I'm at my moms or other jews who keep kosher I do eat meat. I think my diary is open when you add me. (not totaly sure about that)
  • Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Hey just found this - I also eat kosher and while I don't find that a challenge at all, I would say it's big Shabbat/holiday meals that are the problems. You guys?

P.S. Would love some kosher/Shabbat observant friends - I think it's really a whole other ballgame, dieting-wise. Thanks!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Hey just found this - I also eat kosher and while I don't find that a challenge at all, I would say it's big Shabbat/holiday meals that are the problems. You guys?

P.S. Would love some kosher/Shabbat observant friends - I think it's really a whole other ballgame, dieting-wise. Thanks!

Feel free to check out my diary and/or send a friend request
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Just stumbled across this thread.
    Kosher diary here, open to all.
    Feel free to send friend requests.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hi I am Kosher.
    I eat kosher and dont' mix meat and milk together to but I may put milk and meat under the same time frame.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    I grew up in a kosher home. I don't keep kosher anymore as an adult, but I keep a fair number of the traditions out of habit -- for instance, I don't eat pork or shellfish, I don't drink milk with meat, I tend to overeat at shabbat dinner with my family, etcetera. I also eat very little meat in general -- again, not vegetarian (since, like kosher, that implies something very specific and I don't want to disrespect it) but I tend to eat mostly vegetarian meals with a few throw-ins for chicken or fish during the week.

My diary probably wouldn't be all that helpful to you, since, as I say, I'm not kosher anymore. But I think that a challenge is probably getting enough protein when you don't want to mix dairy and meat. Vegetarian protein sources tend to have lower "usable" protein, so you need to eat more of them than you would meat to get the equivalent protein benefits. Which, depending on what you're eating, can mean quickly going over a calorie goal.
  • shoshkabob
    shoshkabob Posts: 14 Member
    I keep kosher as well. Feel free to add. :)
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Are any of you still active? Shabbat is out here in Jerusalem and I'd love to add some kosher people :smiley:
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    *waves* I'm not sure how useful my diary really is - I eat veg/fish out or at friends' a good bit, then wind up guessing what the nearest database entry is - but I could make it friend-viewable if you'd like. Let me know!
  • Chayacandoit
    Chayacandoit Posts: 67 Member
    My diary is mostly vegetarian and kosher. I'm working on eating mostly veggies and I get very creative with my proteins. Feel free to friend me.
    Chaya
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Any of you still on MFP? I am Jewish and Kosher! Friend me.