Favorite low calorie cocktails?

Options
2»

Replies

• pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just buy the good stuff and have it on ice.

I like the way you think! lol

Jameson on the rocks always works for me.
  • Briennaal14
    Options
    I do gin and diet tonic with a fresh lime slice
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wodka Martini - with some lemon or lime juice if you like.
    refreshing, not so high in calories and I don't get bad headaches ;)
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Low calorie 'Rita:
    Ice
    Diet Sprite or Diet Z-up
    1 jigger tequila
    powdered no-calorie lemonaide
    lime juice

Put this all together in a good blender, whirl away. Top your glass with salt, drink.

Low calorie Sangria
    Get a bottle of cheap, young wine
    If the wine is white, get lemonade, grapefruit or melon powered no-calorie drinks. If wine is red get a berry or pomegranate powdered drink mix
    Diet Ginger Ale/carbonated water

Mix it up, pour over ice. (Alternately, you can use Sparkling Rain or similar instead of the carbonated water/powdered drink mix)

Personally, I'm a neat diet coke and jack fan. :happy:
  • mlm5537
    mlm5537 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tequila and cherry-lime la croix. Yum!
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My go to drinks are the light margarita mix (white peach), malibu or vodka with either diet soda or the sparkling flavored waters from the grocery stores. And flavored vodka may have more sugar but calorie content wise it's no different. Most alcohol really isn't that bad it's all the stuff added to it (soda/mixer) that makes them so high in calories really!
  • RedRider230
    RedRider230 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Wow, that's a great web site for info! Thanks!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Plain vodka or whiskey and soda water (not tonic, soda is calorie free) with lime.

Do not drink flavored vodkas as they are full of sugar and have more calories. Same goes for the "diet" beverages- they contain less alcohol so you have to drink even more to get your buzz on.

Do you know how much sugar is in flavored vodka vs. plain? I have tried to find out and cannot seem to!
  • Jaffsa
    Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    YES!! Jameson :drinker: I have it with a little slice of lemon too.
    Delish!
  • Jaffsa
    Jaffsa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just buy the good stuff and have it on ice.

I like the way you think! lol

Jameson on the rocks always works for me.

YES!! Jameson :drinker: I have it with a little slice of lemon too.
    Delish!
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like doing Tito's Vodka (if available) with soda water and an orange wedge. Frickin refreshing. Crush up some mint leaves if you've got em and put those guys in there too. **begins daydreaming about happy hour** :drinker:
  • RedRider230
    Options
    I like doing Tito's Vodka (if available) with soda water and an orange wedge. Frickin refreshing. Crush up some mint leaves if you've got em and put those guys in there too. **begins daydreaming about happy hour** :drinker:

Haha! This sounds good!
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Wow, that actually sounds surprisingly good! Very refreshing, and tito's is a little smoother than the cheap stuff, so this would be a great combo. I also really like vodka+diet with lemon -- far better than plain vodka and diet. Could work on the ice with the good stuff, probably.
  • RedRider230
    Options
    So many great suggestions...I will eventually try them all, haha!

For the sake of keeping the drink calories as low as possible I bought Svedka Vodka (69 calories per 1 oz.) and I'll add some Mio into plain water for the mixer. I got black cherry and blueberry - lemonade flavors. I think that over lots of ice will be good.

I'm so glad I asked because I got lots of great ideas! Thanks again everyone and I wonder how many people are getting schnockered tonight, lol. :laugh:
  • kbru64
    kbru64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fresca with tequila and lots of fresh lime juice.
  • just4me123456
    just4me123456 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a yummy one at Fleming's Steakhouse last night called The Farmer's Daughter. Vodka, muddled strawberries and basil with cranberry juice. I'm not sure if it is accurate, but I've looked it up a couple places and it is around 100 calories.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    My go to drinks are the light margarita mix (white peach), malibu or vodka with either diet soda or the sparkling flavored waters from the grocery stores. And flavored vodka may have more sugar but calorie content wise it's no different. Most alcohol really isn't that bad it's all the stuff added to it (soda/mixer) that makes them so high in calories really!

"Most alcohol really isn't that bad"

What? Alcohol is calories with ZERO nutritional value... there is nothing good for you about it (besides the buzz, of course).
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think they meant it's not that high in calories. Way to buzzkill.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Good, straight spirits - sip some tequila or bourbon! I have lately really been enjoying a "Sweet Tequini" which is a weird name because it's really a Manhattan with a reposado or anejo tequila substituted for bourbon. So - 4 or 5 parts tequila, one part sweet vermouth, one dash bitters, chilled in a shaker. Yum!
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love gin and diet tonic with lime... yum!