Words grown adults should not use

Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    that's totally cray cray

LOL. I say cray-cray to my kids all the time because it drives them.....cray-cray.

Seriously, I say it for the eye roll I always get in return. It's so worth it. But I would never say it any other time.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    adurrr
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    YOLO. Grown *kitten* people should not say YOLO! EVER!

I just said it twice....hangs head in shame...

THIS!!

One of my good friends says this all.. the.. time.. He can't even post on social media without saying #YOLO. He will in public.. literally say.. "Hashtag YOLO!". Love him.. But if he doesn't stop soon I will slap him.

Edited to point out I said it twice too. *shudder*
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Shark week over here is when we have more than one shark attack..

Shark week...that is... gross.

I googled twatwaffle. I wish I didn't.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post a list of words that I use on a regular basis, but first, let me take a selfie...

Done, here we go!

Totes
    Amazeballs
    Sassy
    Cool beans
    Selfie
    Epic fail
    Chillax
    Yummy
    That's what she said
    I know, right?
    I can't even
    Crunk
    Twerk

I'm 23, does that class me as a grown adult? I'd like to think it doesn't. Otherwise, I'm going to have to change a lot of my vocab - I can't even, that's such an epic fail, some cray-cray *kitten*. Oh well, I'm gonna go twerk and crunk (burn some calories from my totes yummy dinner) then just chillax, gonna be amazeballs. Coz I'm sassy.

Although, no-one in the history of forever should use the word moist. EVER

And now I love you.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My high school health teacher made us say "pee pee" and "va-jay-jay." So, being the mature high schoolers we were, my friends and I used "penis" and "vagina" as often as possible around her.
  • BlackDaisy85
    BlackDaisy85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Dudette
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    1. Haters- seriously. Nobody is "hating" on you. Truthfully, nobody cares.

I love you. There I said it damnit. There are so many grown *kitten* woman thinking people are 'hating' on them. They are not jealous of you, you are actually just an asshat and no one likes you.
    And stop saying "hashtag" when you're talking to someone

Edited to add I totally agree with this too
  • chellebelle418
    Options
    anything that comes out of my 15 yr old daughters mouth......cray cray, holy schizballs, badonkadonk, fudge muffin....even she thinks YOLO is stupid tho, haha.....

douche....just dont.

all technical terms when referring 2 sex....during sex, wanting sex, after or thinking about it....

f*cktard......ok its pretty comical when used correctly but once is enuf...

:)
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    HUBBY...IF YOU SAY HUBBY GTFO
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Saying "like" in every sentence. Example.... Like, I was at the mall and "like" I saw these shoes that were "like" really cool. ugh.

like omg theres this guy on mfp that like hates when i talk like this...like whatever. YOLO FART
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Jelly... As in "I am so jelly you got a new car".... Really??? Just sounds idiotic................ Oh wait......... A lot of adults today ARE idiots!!... :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Saying "like" in every sentence. Example.... Like, I was at the mall and "like" I saw these shoes that were "like" really cool. ugh.

like omg theres this guy on mfp that like hates when i talk like this...like whatever. YOLO FART

IKR? Hubs totes hates it when I say like. Nah, that aint' even his jam, he's totes supportive of anything I like say whether he like likes it or not. Chillax ppl, it's jus' werds not like a sers topic or anything. can't go around gettin yer panties in a moist bunch over errthang. Peace out, rock out witcher clocks out foo's!
  • chellebelle418
    Options

IKR? Hubs totes hates it when I say like. Nah, that aint' even his jam, he's totes supportive of anything I like say whether he like likes it or not. Chillax ppl, it's jus' werds not like a sers topic or anything. can't go around gettin yer panties in a moist bunch over errthang. Peace out, rock out witcher clocks out foo's!

hahahahaaaaaa nice
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    the English language is shortened because Gen Y's (or after Gen Y's) are becoming increasingly lazy and soon our vocabulary will consist of mere acronyms worst than what they conjure up now.

Guy in the office just then goes what the hell is a 'me me' hahaha

by the way I loved this: 2. Slut-WHY would a grown woman use this word? I mean we've all gone home with some Rico Suave after too many cosmo's, right? Rico Suave hahaha

Did you know 'slore' exist? I heard it on here once and was utterly disgusted; it's integrating *kitten* and sl***.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I'm going to post a list of words that I use on a regular basis, but first, let me take a selfie...

Done, here we go!

Totes
    Amazeballs
    Sassy
    Cool beans
    Selfie
    Epic fail
    Chillax
    Yummy
    That's what she said
    I know, right?
    I can't even
    Crunk
    Twerk

I'm 23, does that class me as a grown adult? I'd like to think it doesn't. Otherwise, I'm going to have to change a lot of my vocab - I can't even, that's such an epic fail, some cray-cray *kitten*. Oh well, I'm gonna go twerk and crunk (burn some calories from my totes yummy dinner) then just chillax, gonna be amazeballs. Coz I'm sassy.

Although, no-one in the history of forever should use the word moist. EVER

haha this was an epic post especially the selfie bit. That song is going off over here. WHY WHY WHY

I must say I do say "That's what she said" because I saw it in some movie but it was extremely comical and less premediated.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I now propose that since the young ppl want to lay claim to a whole bunch of words for themselves that they think they made up (and granted some of them they did), that old ppl just make up their own words to mean things. AND NO YOUNG PEOPLE MAY USE THEM.

Old people have plenty of their own words (sayings) that no young person would ever use:
    jiminy crickets
    swell
    bee's knees
    hogwash
    mind your Ps and Qs
    peachy keen
    Nincompoop
    fiddlesticks
    hooch
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options