My big boobed sisters

Options

Replies

• jiminellie
    jiminellie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello I know what you mean. I usually go to ****s sporting goods and sport authority . I also on occasion go to ebay to see what might be there. I love the Nike and trek brands danskin has soon good one too.. good luck.. :wink:
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the help! We have a local fitness store - I need new shoes. I'll test some bras there to get a feel for what I like. I'm sure doing jumping jacks in the changing room is totally normal ;)

Also, it may seem silly (I don't know if anyone else does it...) but I jump like crazy in the fitting room. It allows me to test the flop factor, and the comfort under stress. :laugh:
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    titlenine.com has a good selection. When I was a 38E, I wore their "Last Resort Bra." It looks like a torture device, but it was really effective! Now I'm a 32DD and wear Moving Comfort Fiona (sin a 34C) or Victoria's Secret
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just bought Panache's sports bra, and ooooh my gooodnesss it's so great! It's 1-2 cup sizes too small (I got it in 30H, and they don't do larger than H... But it's UK cup sizes, so UK H-cup = US K-cup), but if I make the straps super long it's ok, and since I plan on keep on losing, it will fit soon enough.
  • debbiemcewen3
    Options
    I've got a Freya one as well. I'm a DD, both are in and secure and it's mega comfy! :happy:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Check out a running store near you, if you have one. Target and other department stores won't have the real heavy duty booby holders us breasted women need. I can't remember the name of mine but I got it at my running shop (Snails Pace) and they hold those suckers in like magic. I'm only a 36-38 DD but they flop when they can so a good bra is important!
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DDD and I generally find the most support by wearing two. One larger size, and the one on top smaller. This works especially well when you're running or something where you'll be bouncing around, like cross fit or some such thing. Good luck!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I wear WonderBra sports bra. It's the only one I've been able to find where I wasn't concerned about things coming loose.

Link here: http://www.sears.ca/product/wonderbra8482-sports-bra/618-000062224-W5126?gclid=CIzEv9z2v74CFQJqMgodRDQAwg&ef_id=U25hGAAABbmMnOTz:20140522161523:s

Not sure if they sell it in your size or not. I usually wear a 34DD but I wear a 36D or DD in that bra style.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like the Champion Max & high support bras. They are underwire so no uniboob and they hold me in place wven when I run. Not sure if it goes up to F, but I know they have 40DD because that is where I started... i get them at Kohl's when they have them buy one get one 50%, and I have coupons.

Good luck.

http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/women/sports-bras/underwire-bras-85067--1/champion-shape-scoopback-full-figure-underwire-sports-bra?cm_vc=RecentlyViewed

http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/women/sports-bras/champion-double-dry-distance-underwire-sports-bra?cm_vc=PDPZ1

I do often wear a compression tank as well, under my T shirt for just a bit more security...
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound nuts, but I've found that the only thing that works for me is a sports bra over my regular bra. It means having to wash my regular one more often, which kinda sucks, but honestly it's the only way I'm not flopping around while running.

Or wear multiple sports bras at once... Usually I'll wear a regular sports bra, then a workout top with a built in shelf bra, and then a regular tank or t-shirt over that...

I haven't had any luck finding a supportive top that I only need to wear one of.
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I honestly have issues finding a regular bra in my size without burning a hole in my pocket. I recently got professionally measured at a 32DD (thanks kids!) and I refuse to spend more than $30 for a bra.

Here's a question though.. while losing weight, how often would it make sense to recheck bra sizes?
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    40H here, i wear an elomi underwire sports bra. to get a good one, you're going to pay for it. i have several and love them. before anyone freaks out about underwire, if you are wearing the right size, you shouldn't feel it.

http://www.barenecessities.com/elomi-energise-3-part-cup-medium-control-sports-bra-el8040_product.htm?pf_id=ElomiEL8040&search=
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    As other posters have mentioned Freya, Panache, and Shock Absorder are good brands. They also have large bust size bathing suits (one and two piece) which are a god send. Personally the first bathing suit I brought made me so happy and comfortable. (If you ever had a bust area lining or underwire set half way across your boob, instead of under, you will relate). The prices are a bit high so I first brought a few locally and then, once I was sure of the brands best size for me, I went on ebay. Not sure where you are from, but the UK site is the best and postage to Canada was very reasonable for most sellers. Shut out and thank you to all the UK busty girls on MFP for making your retailers produce what you need at reasonable prices!

P.S. Do not hesitate to do jumping jacks in the change room!
  • Nette117
    Nette117 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    following to get info. I have 42DDD and its hard to find bras that fit
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    When I ran a half marathon, I looked high and low for a good running bra as hours bouncing is no fun -- and I even had one of my regular ones cut me at some point on a 6 mile run.

The best one I found was Moving Comfort Fiona bra. It really straps them down. It's not pretty, but it gets the job done, especially if you're running.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just bought Panache's sports bra, and ooooh my gooodnesss it's so great! It's 1-2 cup sizes too small (I got it in 30H, and they don't do larger than H... But it's UK cup sizes, so UK H-cup = US K-cup), but if I make the straps super long it's ok, and since I plan on keep on losing, it will fit soon enough.
    I just got one last week, and I love it! I'm a 36F, it fits great and is super comfortable and definitely no uniboob! I have had NO luck finding sports bras in my size in any sporting goods or department store (nothing bigger than a DD) but I live in a pretty small town so maybe big cities have better selections. I ordered mine on line from HerRoom. OP, I know you said you want to buy in person, but the site has some great and very detailed advice on bra fitting that can be helpful regardless of where you actually buy your bra.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    enell.com > once you get it on, its like not having them. Really.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34G, not the easiest to find. I workout a lot, so finally invested in some that are fit to the bra size. I like the Shock Absorber once I got used to putting it on - it has two clasps in the back. The onther one I like is by Wacoal - it is an underwire one. Holds the girls in place pretty well and actually gives them some shape. Both are expensive, but to me, well worth it.

The Wocaol one I actually got in person at Dillards.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. Bomb diggity. And they don't wear out or fall apart in under 30 seconds either. So even though you pay more for them, ya just don't have to buy them all that often.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can read this later. My strange size (38DD-42C) is weird to fit and the girls just don't stay in place. Nothing like jumping around and having them give you a black eye (lol)--or doing yoga or pole while worrying about them falling out! I can't wait to check some of these out!!!