Non-Dairy Ideas for Snacks?

Options
jilly1130
jilly1130 Posts: 52 Member
Due to medical reasons, I can no longer have diary foods. I also cannot have other acidic foods like tomatoes, citrus, apples, caffeine:(

My snacks used to consist of cheese and yogurt and of course I would have a Starbucks sugar free vanilla latte several times a week. Anyway, I was looking for some ideas of new snacks that do not contain dairy and are satisfying. I am not a big vegetable eater but I am trying to get better. The cheese and yogurt were just so filling and satisfying that I am having trouble replacing them.

Your suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Replies

• jilly1130
    jilly1130 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of fruit and veggies with hummus. I love to snack on raw veggies. I drink coffee with non dairy creamer. Protein shakes made with water and ice to make a frosty shake. ( I use Myoplex)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Bread and nut butter
    Nuts
    Vegetables dipped in hummus. (I'd say salsa, but that's probably too acidic :ohwell: )
    I found some hummus crisps that were fairly tasty. Made by Kashi, I think.
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    And I forgot to add sugar free Jello. That's my favorite treat.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    I love making myself interesting salads. Just pile tons of veggies and such on ... still wont' reach a lot of calories !
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs to add some protein to my snacks. Frozen banana slices are good during the summer. I slice and lay them in a pie pan to freeze individually then toss into ziplock bags. I like to have a few plain but they are even better with a bit of peanut butter on top. YUM!