40 year old mom , full time student. Need help please!

I am a 40 year old mom of two toddlers , 4 yr old daughter and 1 year old son . Blessed in that regard. All my life a yoyo dieter. Lost all my second post pregnancy weight and was 225 lbs after that . Since dec the weight started creeping up again ...possibly coz of lack of sleep, stress and eating on the go , as I'm a full time student too.
My concern is lately the weight has started piling up real fast and it's getting me all depressed as I'm trying to log in what I eat . Very rarely my calorie intake goes up 1800 . The more I try too watch my diet or cut on calories , the. More I gain . Got my blood work everything seems tou be normal , other than the fact that my blood work shows the inflammation marker high. Doctor started me on RA medication as my joints are bothering me even though RA factor is negative. I'm sooo worried , I'm starting to regularly walk 2-3 miles/day for 3-4 days a week but all this gain is discouraging me ...please help and keep me motivated. At this age the goal is not to look good , I just want to be healthy and active for my kids . :(

Replies

• Good evening,

Its great that you are taking an initiative to change, I am in a similar situation with being a student and trying to lose weight, it can be difficult but what is more impressive is the fact that you are raising two children at the same time!

I wish you all the best with your weight loss,
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Have you been tested for gluten intolerance/celiac? I'm not a doctor, but a family friend had similar issues (RA and such) and when off gluten, all RA symptoms went away.

I really hope you find the solution. You are starting somewhere and that's the best place to be!

Hang in there.:flowerforyou:
  • Yes they checked the gluten and celiac thing too , my blood sugars are fine. Bp is fine, thyroid n liver test numbers are good . Only thing is a lil low on iron , bit D and the inflammation marker. I. Taking vid D supplements and muti vit and iron :( .

Thanks Siddiqui Fahad, at times it gets out of control but gotta do it n IA I will :)
    Thanks both of u :)
  • worrblade
    worrblade Posts: 20 Member
    I would suggest lowering your calories but do not go lower than 1000 per day. Most studies do show that yoyo dieting will slow down a persons metabolism drastically over time.
    If you are currently eating 1800 per day and maintaining your weight try taking away 500 per day. this should set you up for a 1 lb loss a day.
    If you get to the point that you are eating 1000 calories a day and not dropping weight I would suggest you try something called reverse dieting.
    Reverse dieting has one main goal which is to speed up a persons metabolism. It can be a slow process and it is not always easy. But after some months of reverse dieting you should easily be able to return back to what ever your current daily calorie intake and be dropping fat easily. In order to do this properly you will need to track fats, proteins and carbs. You will actually eat more each week in small amounts.
    Every one is different but this has been proven to work in any situation I have seen. Layne Norton is a pro body builder and i realize that you are not wanting to be a body builder. But the way i see it most body builders are extreme weight loss experts. I should suggest you look at some of dr. layne norton's youtube channel on reverse dieting and also some other diets that may be similar.

What ever you do I am VERY confident you can reach your goals and even surpass what you think is possible! Your success starts now
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    You need to make your diary public so we can see where the problem is.
  • Thank you so much for the encouraging words , I believe in myself n I'm hoping with the encouragement I'll be able to do sumthing :)
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Have you been tested for gluten intolerance/celiac? I'm not a doctor, but a family friend had similar issues (RA and such) and when off gluten, all RA symptoms went away.

I really hope you find the solution. You are starting somewhere and that's the best place to be!

Hang in there.:flowerforyou:

My mother did the same thing and was able to go off her meds. The doctor said he had never seen anything like it.
  • dspooner54
    dspooner54 Posts: 1
    Highly recommend you read "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman....it's been a life changer for me!!! You can do it!!!!
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    bump