Success without excercize ????

Options
2»

Replies

• ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Interesting... last time I lost weight I did little or no exercise. I got to target but was really flabby and then had to spend a long time getting thru maintenance and then trying to get fit. This time I have worked out while I have lost weight and built strength I feel so much better AND my body is actually smaller than when I was at goal last time. This is purely down to the work outs and kettle bell sessions I have been doing. It's got to be a personal choice but during I would recommend doing some exercise particularly toning.
  • Lara883
    Lara883 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ur responses r very helpfull im mainly thinkin about not eating cals back now , we'll c if that'll work
  • ublanchard
    ublanchard Posts: 47
    Options
    Maybe i'll try that , cause i was eating ALL calories back

Oooh, yeah, eating back all your exercise calories can mess you up, because the MFP can OVERestimates calories burned in the exercises database.
  • lillilanda
    lillilanda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. I am a guilty non-exerciser. I do some here and there and try to get a good step count on my pedometer but most of my exercise is yard work. Yes, you can lose it without exercising, and you'll lose fat, not jut muscle. I'm down 70 pounds and didn't have much muscle to start with! However, exercise is really important for maintaining a loss and also for not dying young of preventable heart disease! If you are mostly losing weight for cosmetic reasons, then exercise will also improve appearance in ways that weight loss alone cannot.
  • strengthnsense
    Options
    First, you need to define what progress is. changing your nutritional lifestyle will only take you so far. You need to do more research on resistance training as well as cardiovascular. if you want to train for a healthy lifestyle you need to have a combination of both. Train for health, and everything will come. Mind you, I am assuming you do not have any metabolic or hormone disorders.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I lost about 60pds and didnt exercise at all. Weight loss is more about the food and calories you take in!
  • Amiliang14
    Amiliang14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use to take a diet pill called jadera which helped me lose 30 lbs in a month in a half which is not exactly healthy plus it has bitter orange exstract which can cause high blood pressure. Anyways I let my self go once I got pregnant and gained 60 pounds. I've lost forty punds just by breastfeeding and now I'm trying to lose more the healthy way by working out and eating right. It is possible to lose weight by watching what you eat or even by just working out it just depends on your body type. Just remember muscles do weight more than fat sometimes so if your working out and fat isn't just melting off don't be worried your helping to get yourself healthy (especially your heart) by working out.
  • AmyPearshape
    AmyPearshape Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, per cubic inch, not per pound!
  • Lara883
    Options
    Bump
  • Lara883
    Options
    Bump!?
  • Fionacarolina6
    Options
    I hate to exercise, I did lose 30lbs last year taking phentermine diet pills and B12 shots under the supervision of my doctor, not sure how safe that is but I had energy and was successful, I went through depression after learning that my dear doctor had passed from a heart attack, gained 15lbs back, but will try again and see how it goes, this time on my own and I will add exercise, I did follow a fat free eating habit as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!