Ladies rocking short hair

Options

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    ...so I don't have to worry about it.

When I worked for a CPA firm, I was one of only 2 men in a department full of ladies. I used to hear this, or a version of it a lot. Someone would get a short hair cut while saying, "It will be easier to take care of, and I don't have to worry about it."

Ultimately, it always ended up the same. It would be nice in the beginning for a day or two. Then as each day passed, it got a little more unkempt and greasy. Then, it would stay that way.

Based on my observations, having short hair is just the manifestation of, "I don't want to wash or take care of my hair anymore."

Or, you just work with someone really gross.

This ^^. I've had mine very short for a couple of years now, and I LOVE it. It never gets in my face when I'm working out, and doesn't get in the way when I'm working out with DH IYKWIM. He loves it short (and for the hair pulling comment, he works it out just fine). When I want a change, I just change the color, but I don't think I'll ever grow it back out.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Too little pigtails, like an 8-year old. Keeps it off my face and off my neck. They do drip with sweat sometimes, but hey - that's why I am working out! I don't have bangs because I cannot stand it on my face when I am active.
  • debants
    debants Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try a "Buff" - www.buffcanada. - every colour/fabric imaginable I have about 8 - and also use them when I am housecleaning, UV protection so great for the beach and gardening, cooking as hair in the food is so gross and if I am to damn lazy to do my hair when I go out..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!
    Make it work for your lifestyle. :wink:

I agree. Cut it even more. It's one less thing to worry about!

Yep.
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!

<<<<< I love my short pixie cut! I get it cut every 8 weeks, so it never gets too long and in my face or on my neck. For a change, I let the brown roots grow out a couple of inches before I color it blonde again.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!

<<<<< I love my short pixie cut! I get it cut every 8 weeks, so it never gets too long and in my face or on my neck. For a change, I let the brown roots grow out a couple of inches before I color it blonde again.

8 weeks? I'm lucky if I can go 4 weeks! Lucky.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I use one of those elastic headbands - they're a little tight but it's only 45-60 minutes so it's worth a little discomfort. I'm trying to grow mine out (including bangs) so hopefully I can start wearing it in a pony by next summer.
  • LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cut it shorter!

I agree. Cut it even more. It's one less thing to worry about!

Pretty much agree!
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use bobby pins to pin back the front. The back of my hair is really short and will always be dripping with sweat no matter what I do but it's so much easier to wash and blow dry real quick after my workout.
  • xoloitzcuintli
    Options
    I had a pixie for a while and finally let it grow out. Now I have hair that just sweeps my shoulders with some long bangs. It's a great haircut but I always, ALWAYS just end up putting it in a ponytail. I don't really know how to style my hair apart from brushing it and I really can't be bothered to curl it every day. I love having a pixie because it's just so easy to look pulled-together and stylish. I'm debating making a cute pixie cut my reward once I lose the next ten pounds.
  • spappas1989
    spappas1989 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I make my own "Sweaty Bands" and this helps out a lot! My hair is about chin length but it isn't able to be pulled back into a pony yet...so I keep sewing up my own headbands with 7/8" fun ribbon and velvet ribbon :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    grow it long,, men want long hair..
    better during sex
    funner.

IDK we were having just as much fun when I was bald vs my long hair now. I loved when my hair was short. My 40th B-day I plan to shave and donate it all again and rock the short look.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    A headband works best for me. It's more to keep the sweat from dripping than to keep it off my face.

+1
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I my hair used to go to my waist, but I got bored of it and cut it. Other than that I was sweating it like crazy when I was working out and was kind of sick of washing it everyday, so I decided to cut it - big mistake! I am still sweating like crazy there but thankfully I grew it long enough so I can get it in a tiny ponytail. The rest of the hair I keep out of my face with bobby pins.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ...so I don't have to worry about it.

When I worked for a CPA firm, I was one of only 2 men in a department full of ladies. I used to hear this, or a version of it a lot. Someone would get a short hair cut while saying, "It will be easier to take care of, and I don't have to worry about it."

Ultimately, it always ended up the same. It would be nice in the beginning for a day or two. Then as each day passed, it got a little more unkempt and greasy. Then, it would stay that way.

Based on my observations, having short hair is just the manifestation of, "I don't want to wash or take care of my hair anymore."

That sounds disgusting- women don't just cut it off because they are too lazy to wash it- In fact it's much easier to wash and style it every day being short.
    For the record I had bra strap length hair up until a few months ago. I have had many compliments from both men and women on the change.
    I cut it off because I wanted to . It had nothing to do with trying to please societies obsession with looking a certain way, or with giving up on personal hygiene. Ridiculous.
    Also, I don't rely on my hair cut to make my sex life better, I'm fairly amazed someone would even suggest that.
    Pity for them.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm late with my thanks here, but better late than never! THANKS for all your suggestions! I might go shorter some day, but right now I LOVE my hair cut... and it's a good thing my husband cares about what makes me happy and not the length of my hair or he'd never have been my husband otherwise! ;)
  • verashan12
    Options
    Nowadays many ladies tend to change their hairstyles to short hair,but some of them don't want to cut their long hair and wigs bob style in http://www.hairwigsall.com/categories/STYLE/BOB-Wigs/ help a lot.
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Headbands always fall off of my head, so I usually just use a basic fabric Goody headband with about 4-6 bobbie pins to keep it in place. Works for me.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use a baseball cap. Other times I just pretend I'm super sexy when I have sweaty hair in my face. :) Then there's always the little 3 inch wide brown hair combs. I much prefer to think of myself as a sweaty sexy hot mess.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I have short hair and it is great when it comes to getting ready quickly for work or for a work out. My partner gets weak in the knees when he looks at the nape of my neck after I get my hair cut. He would probably be the same way if I had long hair and I put it up. Men are very adaptable this way :). Find what works best for you in the gym (and elsewhere).