family of five

Options
Anyone have filling low cal. recipes for a family of 5? They have to contain meat and there has to be enough to fill 3 boys! (my husband included here). I am looking for anything that he might not know is diet food. You ladies with husbands not dieting know what I mean. And the simplier the better! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Darhdz69
    Darhdz69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go to recipes.sparkpeople.com/home.asp to get great healthy easy recipes for families.
  • JenEJen
    Options
    www.eatbetteramerica.com

They have regular recipes that they've "healthified" and you can look for different options. I've tried several and they've all been really good.

Good Luck!
  • bitlizard
    bitlizard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You might try White Bean Chicken Chili. Its very tasty and filling. Its only 220 kcal per serving and nobody will guess its diet-friendly. :-) I'm not sure my wife follows this particular recipe, but have a look:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/white-bean-chicken-chili/Detail.aspx
  • leannaellis
    leannaellis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a family of seven. The easiest I have done is making spagetti. I sub extra lean ground turkey for ground beef in the sauce. I make pasta noodles for them and I cook a spagetti squash for me as a substitute. I sometimes will also add cut up carrots and zucinni to the sauce. Then, I skip the garlic bread. This is a meal that I can really eat a lot of with very few calories!

Another one that the kids really love is cornflake chicken. Let boneless skinnless chicken breasts (trimmed of any fat) soak in skim milk and coat with crushed corn flakes. Bake for 20 min. With this, I roasst vegetables (asparagus, zucinni, and yellow squash), or steam whole cut green beans. Then, I either skip or have a very small amount of whatever potato or rice I chose to make.

And, I always like those days that I say, "You are all on your own!!" lol
  • Buterphly
    Buterphly Posts: 112
    Options
    thanks guys!