Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

happy not hungry

what snacks or meals leave you feeling satisfied without blowing up your calorie goal?
I'm often left feeling hungry less than an hour after dinner! :(

Replies

• walkingmommy2014
    walkingmommy2014 Posts: 46 Member
    Skinless chicken (light or dark meat, doesn't matter) cooked in olive oil.
    Eat that with a serving of brown rice and veggies.
  • I tend to follow the foods acceptable for diabetics
    As they are low GI which means they are often lower
    In fat and have a slow releasing glucose to help
    You feel fuller and more energy for longer.
    Foods with high GI tend to make you feel great for
    A short time then you feel as though you need more
    Sugar and carbs a lot sooner. :-)
    My late partner was type 1 diabetic so making sure
    His weight and food was right was something that
    Kept us all lean. Unfortunately since his passing I got
    Sloppy so here I am lol
  • hellllllen
    hellllllen Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you very much that's super useful i'll look into that :) the fact i'm a little piggy is also a contributing factor sadly!!
    thank you for your time!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    lowfat dinners do that to me.

try adding a little fat to your dinner and see if you feel less hungry so soon after.

it's cheaper cals wise than a snack and will last a lot longer.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    I'm almost always hungry and I really like to eat. A lot.

I try to do things that distract me from thinking about food so much.

I also log everything and when my calories are used up for the day, that's it. I just suffer with the hunger. After all, if I've eaten all my calories, I have no reason to be hungry. It's just a test on my self-control.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    First, you want to determine if you are genuinely hungry (growling stomach) or if you just have a craving or are bored/lonely/tired/thirsty, etc. This may sound silly, but it took me a long time to realize that there were plenty of times when I thought I was hungry when I was really thirsty. Try drinking a glass of water and see if you feel less hungry.

If you are legit hungry 1 hr after eating dinner, then you probably need to up your calories a bit. Also, protein will keep you fuller longer. Chicken, beef, pork, beans, quinoa, nuts...there are lots of good sources of protein out there.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Brussels sprouts!

minions-excited.gif
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    I feel the same ALL THE TIME. My quick fix is miracle noodles (shirataki noodles). I know they have no calories and no nutrition, but for the purpose of just filling me up it does the trick.
  • miller272727
    miller272727 Posts: 24 Member
    I eat carrots, celery, a TON of almonds (probably about 1/5 of my daily intake is almonds), spinach, egg whites and tuna and I end up feeling really full at the end of each day despite an aggressive caloric deficit.

I think how you eat matters too. I don't let myself get hungry during the day. I know when I'm going to get hungry and I eat about a half hour beforehand. Then there's no cravings and thus no temptation to go off-plan.