I woke up with the hunger.. the rest of the day?

I woke up at 5.30am, thank you sunshine and child.

A I got up I had a latte and dark chocolate, a whole bar... then decided I needed a proper breakfast... So I had four eggs on two slices of rye bread and olive oil- so pretty healthy but my kcal intake has been huge and it isn't 9am yet. Part of me is thinking "oh stuff it" eat what I want today you'll already have gained loads of weight. Another part knows tho sis ridiculous logic.

It's raining outside and I am at home all day with my little one.

I had been doing quite well for me... I'm just seeking support as usual. Thank you all x

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    on the plus side you shouldnt need much for lunch!

maybe look at why you decided to choose dark chocolate for breakfast... the eggs etc would have been fine on their own!

dont thrown away the whole day... so it becomes a day at maintenance? that doesnt matter, we all have those days... by not letting it ruin the day or the rest of the week, THATS when you make progress...
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    we all have days like this, when we are feeling blue and tired and like it's not worth the effort. But you will feel soo much better if you turn this day around and don't let it get to you. So you had a big breakfast, so what. Eat normal for the rest of the day, and tomorrow will be another day!

And find something to do today that makes you feel good, that isn't food. Take some little time for yourself, like listening to some music you love while your little one is sleeping.

*hugs* hope you feel better!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    log it and pre log your day.

usually the damage isn't as bad as you think and you can save the day by pre logging.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    You can dedicate rest of the day to carrots, cucumber,unsweetened green tea etc. and see if you can salvage the day.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Watch this documentary and then you'll understand what just happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_cmltmQ6A

You've got to fight the hungries with all you've got. Don't give in to anything else today. Eat healthy, eat within your calorie goals as best you can for the rest of the day. If your body starts complaining it's hungry, just point to that chocolate bar wrapper and prove that you ate plenty of calories today.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    slips ups shouldnt ruin the whole day CHOOSE to succeed and go to bed proud. good luck x
  • onmyown70
    onmyown70 Posts: 233 Member
    GREAT SUPPORT AND ADVICE! THANK YOU.

Although the youtube clip made me feel really depressed, I was just thinking what is the point at all after that. It's interesting though so thank you for posting.

It's odd, after a big breakfast there is the urge to just keep eating, I polished off my son's (leftover- I didn't steal his!!) cereal afterwards too and then I read the support posts and I though, right I'll make myself a delicious massive salad for tea, and then felt a bit ore self loving and confident again. Small things, but the support on here stopped me eating everything in the house. I'm not sure it will last but I'm going to give it a go. Thank you all, aiming to go to bed proud ;-) (then have a little voice even when typing that, thinking how abnormal I am to eat so much food and want more..._ x
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    thats not abnormal i get like that too. you're not hungry you're bored. teach your body the difference... <3