5:2 diet, or fast diet

Hello, I've read about this diet (eat normally for five days, while fasting on the other two days. It is suggested that you limit yourself to 500 cals (600 for men) for two non-consecutive days a week). I want to know if someone has done it and what the result is. I fasted anyway Wednesday and Friday (I do not eat animal products) because of religion, but my cals are always way up from 500 that this diet suggest.

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Hello, I've read about this diet (eat normally for five days, while fasting on the other two days. It is suggested that you limit yourself to 500 cals (600 for men) for two non-consecutive days a week). I want to know if someone has done it and what the result is. I fasted anyway Wednesday and Friday (I do not eat animal products) because of religion, but my cals are always way up from 500 that this diet suggest.

I am like "much or nothing" person. I can't eat 500 calories without craving more so I go with entire 24 hours without eating at all, just water, tea and some coffee with nothing. Also I find "unplanned" works better for me than "scheduled" days. I will go how I feel that morning and decide if I should fast all day...hope this helps.
  • If I'm not planning my days I postpone them all the time. I have never been on a diet more than 4 days in a row because I'm not discipline and in the end I'm eating more than before. I need at least these 500 (600-700 to be accurate), I will give it a try, maybe it will work out for me, it's only 2 days and not even in a row. Thank you for your replay.
  • DeeEm365
    DeeEm365 Posts: 1
    Protein and anything green seems to be the general rule for a fast day. I started Tuesday and managed to split the calories between lunch and an evening meal. For breakfast I had a pint of ice cold water. :-/ Plan your meals the day before ( when you aren't hungry) and you will find calorie planning much easier.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    I did my first 'fast' yesterday....turned out more like 600 cals but I am happy! Felt really good and I plan on continuing with it. I will do two 'fast' days per week and one lower cal day or about 1000 cals.

Feel free to add me ...........
  • I have never been on a diet more than 4 days in a row because I'm not discipline and in the end I'm eating more than before

can totally relate to this haha. don't think ive even gone a full 4 days to be honest!
  • hanpan_8
    hanpan_8 Posts: 1 Member
    I've Just started this diet!

I was introduced to it by my uncle - he's not what you'd call overwieght but after a few weeks on this he already looks amazing! I'm on my first fast day today - have tried to not go crazy on the full calorie days as feel like its pointless to un-do all the hard work you do on the 500 days.. am usually really bad at sticking to diets but if it's only one day at a time that you have to be strong then maybe this will work!

How have people been splitting up calories throughout the day on fast days and what sort of stuff have you been eating (I am a vegetarian and am bit worried about the fact that they say to eat mostly protein?)