Realistically speaking....

Options
NYCGamerGirlx
NYCGamerGirlx Posts: 48 Member
Realistically speaking, how much weight can one lose in 83 days?

Strict vegetarian diet, no sugar drinks (nothing BUT water), walking to and from work (about a mile each way) as opposed to taking a cab to work and working out 7 days a week for 25-30 minutes (maybe an hour on some days).

The workouts are a mixture or Zumba classes, spinning classes, cardio, and weight lifting.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    a pound a week should be doable.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Now take all of what you're doing and add a calorie deficit.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I agree with both of the above
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Now take all of what you're doing and add a calorie deficit.

This
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    Options
    BUMP
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Were the answers you received not to your liking?

Moderate calorie deficit, losing a pound a week pretty much covered it.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    agree with the others.
    Eat less than your body needs, and you will lose weight.
    About 1 lb a week is good.
    Somtimes it will be more, sometimes it will be less....but as long as you are trending in the direction you want, then you are good.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    in a healthy way?
    about a lb a week, per the above.
    Strict vegetarian diet, no sugar drinks (nothing BUT water), walking to and from work (about a mile each way) as opposed to taking a cab to work and working out 7 days a week for 25-30 minutes (maybe an hour on some days).
    are you at a caloric deficit?
    The workouts are a mixture or Zumba classes, spinning classes, cardio, and weight lifting.
    cool.
    Thanks in advance!
    np
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What they said.
    There are no shortcuts.
    Good luck.
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    Options
    Boy is there sassiness on this website. Just wanted more than 2-3 answers. But thanks anyway. Sheesh.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You must be new here...:flowerforyou:
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    Options
    You must be new here...:flowerforyou:

Nope, not really. Just thought over the years people would stop being so sassy. Guess that's unrealistic to expect :)
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It does all depend on your calorie defecit. I am also a vegetarian, I walk wherever possible though I don't do much workout apart from a few weights at home - the weight is coming off though :)
    If you want extra friends on your journey feel free to add me.
    Good luck with your goals
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    The above comments are all pretty realistic to be honest. Whats happening in 83 days?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!
    Thas sounds pretty grim. If your a vegetarian for ethics or personal choice that's great but it's no miraculous way to lose weight you can get fat vegetarians, I was a fat Vegan (now I'm a smaller one). If though you are drastically changing your diet in the hope that it aids weightloss statistically your more likely to fail. How about just eating your normal foods at a calorie deficit add a bit of exercise and you'll lose weight.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why vegetarian? Why 83 days? The restriction to ONLY water seems a little severe.
  • NYCGamerGirlx
    Options
    Thas sounds pretty grim. If your a vegetarian for ethics or personal choice that's great but it's no miraculous way to lose weight you can get fat vegetarians, I was a fat Vegan (now I'm a smaller one). If though you are drastically changing your diet in the hope that it aids weightloss statistically your more likely to fail. How about just eating your normal foods at a calorie deficit add a bit of exercise and you'll lose weight.

I've been a Vegetarian for 7 years. My personal choice. I'm not doing it for weight loss.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Boy is there sassiness on this website. Just wanted more than 2-3 answers. But thanks anyway. Sheesh.

Why do you need more of the same answer, do you want good advice which has already been given or are you waiting on someone to tell you what you want to hear?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

You got like 8 but they were all the same...

If you wanted 2-3 different answers here...

about 12lbs or 6lbs...there now you have 2-3 answers. Realistically per your post....

Unrealistic answer 22lbs (2lbs a week) or 33lbs (3lbs a week) Per the above comment.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5lbs in that time frame. (Strict vegetarian, only tea or water, walking 6 miles a day.)