30lbs in 3 months

Options
Hey ya'll! I'm trying to really transform my body this summer and my goal is to lose 30 lbs in 3 months. Anyone wanna join in the challenge and give each other support?!

Replies

• Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    WHoa thats awesome! lets do it... im trying for 25 /30

best of luck
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm roughly there in my first 3 months, perhaps I can replicate :-)
  • nicholesparkie
    Options
    Seems a lot of weight to lose in 3months. How do plan to achieve this. Would love to join
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    One should target 1% of their body weight loss per week for reasonable weight loss. This goal would be fine for someone over 220lbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I'm trying to really transform my body this summer and my goal is to lose 30 lbs in 3 months. Anyone wanna join in the challenge and give each other support?!

How close are you to your goal weight? if you have quite a bit of weight to lose, it might be possible to lose 10 lbs per month. If you only have 30 lbs total left to lose, it's pretty unlikely that you are going to be able to lose so much weight. you'll be more successful if you set an achievable goal, such as .5 lbs per week, for yourself and go from there.
    To lose 10 lbs. each month you would have to cut 2.5 lbs per week. That's a total deficit of 8,750 calories per week, or 1,250 calories per day. It's going to be pretty difficult to cut that many calories per day from your diet.
  • nicholesparkie
    Options
    How close are you to your goal weight? if you have quite a bit of weight to lose, it might be possible to lose 10 lbs per month. If you only have 30 lbs total left to lose, it's pretty unlikely that you are going to be able to lose so much weight. you'll be more successful if you set an achievable goal, such as .5 lbs per week, for yourself and go from there.
    To lose 10 lbs. each month you would have to cut 2.5 lbs per week. That's a total deficit of 8,750 calories per week, or 1,250 calories per day. It's going to be pretty difficult to cut that many calories per day from your diet.
    [/quote]

THANK YOU for this Mccindy72
  • Carley
    Carley Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Starting weight 91k
    Goal weigh 81k
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm game. It seems like a big mountain to climb, but I'd at least like to try. I think it'd be good to push myself more than I have been. I'm planning to do a couple of 5Ks in the fall, so dropping 30 lbs would make that a lot easier.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

THANK YOU for this Mccindy72
    [/quote]

You're quite welcome. :smile: