I'm an exercise newbie- WII FIT or ACTIVE?

MaySunrise
MaySunrise Posts: 26 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am soon going to be 50 and want to exercise in my home for convenience. So which to choose? WII FIT or WII ACTIVE? I have at least 100lbs to loose and bad knees. Any thoughts?

Replies

• I am 32 and just bought the wii fit plus. Its very fun and I like it a lot.
  • i havethe ii fit plus and love it
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    I have Wii Fit Plus and that was the start of what got me back into shape. I don't have ACTIVE but I hear it is good too. So either way I don't think you can go wrong.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Wii Fit plus is definitely better than the original Wii Fit. I haven't seen Active.
  • ma2two
    ma2two Posts: 9
    I have the Wii Fit Plus... and love it...
  • EA Sports Active 2 for Wii is fantastic! I also have Wii Fit Plus.
  • nll002
    nll002 Posts: 18
    I use the Wii Active 3 times a week and find it much easier to progress through a workout than the Wii Fit (my sister has Wii Fit Plus and say's she like Active better as well). You can go through an entire workout without stopping to choose different exercises, so I would recommend Active (there's also supposed to be a new Active game out that's even better than the first).
  • Hi,
    I have both the Wii fit and the Active, they are both great. The Wii fit is excerise through games, the active is one on one with a trainer.
  • I have Active and like it a lot. I like building my own sometimes and making them sport-heavy, with lots of basketball, baseball and boxing.

*Note to self....get back to using Active!*
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    hiya, wii fit is a great starting point and is lots of fun, wii active is more intense, u build up a training plan which allows u to choose how hard you want to work yourself on a daily basis. save some pennys though and buy it via amazon where you might get 1 cheap that someone else has finished with. i have both and find they compliment each other.
  • MaySunrise
    MaySunrise Posts: 26 Member
    Dan-love the teeth quote! You inspire me!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Hi there! I own both and I would say that if you have bad knees the Wii Fit would be better than the Active. I have patellar subluxation in both knees and had to stop using Active because it's a lot of knee bending and all that. You can skip the workouts or create your own without any of the knee bending but I think the Wii Fit is better for knee issues. Hope this helps!
  • foxxey68
    foxxey68 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I have the X BOX 360 with Kinect. It's amazing. Apart from yourself you don't need any other controller!! I compete using Kinect Sports live with my son via Xbox live. The technology still dumbfounds me! Track and field against a 24 year old is no mean task!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    If you are an exercise 'newbie' I'd recommend Wii Fit. EA Active is a lot more intensive. I got it when I was at my biggest and it hasn't been out of the box since, it really put me off.

When I'm a little fitter and lighter I will give it another go.
  • I would second looby's comment, the EA Sports Active is definitely a harder workout. Though there are easier programs so you can go easy at first. For me personally the Wii Fit didn't yield results at all - too stop / start and the only really challenging bit was the boxing. Good for the stretching exercises and yoga though, if that's your thing. Maybe personal taste comes into it too - the wii fit is quite 'cartoony' and the EA is a bit more serious and grown up, if that makes sense. Also there's a lot more variety on EA.
This discussion has been closed.