Hi! New here!

Options
Hi! My name is Brooke and I just started MFP on Monday. I have enjoyed all that this site has to offer and now I am ready to venture out and meet some of you! I have a very supportive group around me including my husband, family and friends, but would like to have a support group/friends on here as well. I lost 116 lbs about 5 years ago on Weight Watchers. I went from 350 to 234 and looked absolutely stunning on my wedding day :) Since then I have gained all of that back! Between getting married, having a son 3.5 months premature and him spending the first 6 months of his life in the NICU to going through a custody battle with my husband for his daughters from a previous marriage and all the small things in between..I have pretty much let myself go. I am an emotional eater and it can be any emotion pretty much. Especially lack of control! But, I made a promise to myself that I will succeed in 2011. Please add me! Everyone needs support! :)

Replies

• kuteinfaync
    Options
    Welcome and I'm sorry to hear everything that you've been through!
  • brookalina
    Options
    Thanks! and it's cool. It's the cards I have been dealt. I just have to find a less fattening way of dealing with the stress! :)
  • turbomama
    Options
    Hi Brookalina,

I'm an emotional eater too and I also tend to eat a lot when I'm bored. I too have kids (a 3.5 year old little girl and a 5 month old little boy). I am trying to lose my baby weight and then some. I'm currently on MAT leave from work so I have some time to try to achieve my goal. I'm using the TurboFire exercise program and nutrition guide. Are you following any specific programs?

Cheers,
    Turbomama
  • brookalina
    Options
    I have been reading Dr. Oz's book "You on a diet" which I have found very helpful. I have a gym membership and am making it a goal to go reguarly. I know what I need to do, it is just a matter of doing it and not letting my emotions stand in my way or be my excuse any longer. What is Turbofire? I have never heard of that.