Whole30 starts TODAY!

Options
Anyone doing the Whole30 program?

Has anyone completed the program? Any words of advice??

I'm starting my Whole30 adventure today and will be blogging about it here.

Any and all comments welcomed!!

Replies

• anghutchens
    anghutchens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also started today. Excited and anxious at how it will all go. Best of luck to you!
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am contemplating it. I hadn't even heard of it until recently so I starting looking into it. I would be interested to hear from others that have done it or are doing it.
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! How'd your first day go?
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am starting a whole 30 tomorrow, May 8!

I have done the whole 30 twice before. The first time I got the best results, though. Unfortuntaly, my willpower wasn't strong enough to last the full 30 days for either of my attempts. However, I considered both times a success because they helped me drop between 6-10 pounds and really helped me kickstart my weightloss. It also helped kickoff my paleo lifestyle and I have been paleo since July 2013 when I started my first whole 30.

Good luck!
  • itsmeheatherp
    itsmeheatherp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 25! It has completely reset my mind on weight loss and eating clean! After the first 4 days, you will feel invincable!!! You can do it, you just need to promise you can do it and stay true to you!

I decided I am doing it, made a huge calendar and write on it every time I have victory over something. Like I wrote "Victory over starbucks!" after taking my girls there and getting a water instead! That way I can see what I have conquered and decide that today will be just as good or better!

You can do it!!!!! Whole30 ON!
  • Getting2KnowMe
    Getting2KnowMe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 and hear that these next few days are the "hardest": bloaty, yucky digestion, etc etc. I feel like because I made it a week, I can make all 30 days. Just taking it one day at a time, like the food addict that I am. :) Any tips or suggestions?
  • KetoRewind
    KetoRewind Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done the whole30 for 79 days now. I've lost 42lbs and feel so good that I decided to stay on the plan indefinitely. My husband has celiac so I've been gluten free with him by choice since 2011. It was easier to go gluten free so that I only had to cook one way. I thought removing gluten AND dairy from my diet would just be insanity but I honestly can't believe how well it's going. I am eating foods I've never liked before. My husband jokes around accusing me of being pregnant since I've never eaten tomatoes, pickles, olives, etc before. I swear it changed my taste buds or something LOL! Anyways, to make a long story short I'm loving the whole30 and will continues to eat this way for a long time with an occasional pop of dairy here and there.

Good luck!
  • emartinez8107
    emartinez8107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi im interested in starting this program i downloaded some of the files off online is there anything else i need to do or buy? im so lost right now
  • Getting2KnowMe
    Options
    I actually got their book: It Starts With Food. That really helped me understand the reasons behind what you're doing. Then I downloaded the shopping guide and talked with a couple people who had done it before. Asked them what they recommended for getting started. I struggled a bit finding things in the store (compliant Coconut Milk, Ghee...) but you can get them on Amazon for reasonable prices, etc. Good luck!
  • Getting2KnowMe
    Options
    How's your Whole30 going? Are you excited or nervous to be nearing completion?
  • tribbs
    tribbs Posts: 3
    Options
    I started yesterday!
    Yesterday was a breeze but the headache I woke up with this morning was not good at all.
    Just finished lunch and so far feeling better.

If you want to do whole30 with me befriend me - I'm tribbs.
  • Calamity_
    Calamity_ Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm doing it too !
    I post my meals idea on instagram with my account : zazahellphi

Day 7 today still have head ache but sleeping well since thursday night :)