plant based protein powder

Options
Does anyone use a plant based protein powder and what brand. I am looking to add it to my smoothies to bump up the protein. I don't want one that is high calorie. Any suggestions.

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I use mostly whey protein but I also use Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean. It's derived from a variety of plant sources for a more complete amino acid profile.

It tastes okay, but it's a little chalky. Compared to the reviews I've seen on hemp and pea protein powders, I think it might taste great, but my chocolate whey powder is better tasting.

If you're looking for vegan protein, I'd recommend it. I bought mine from Amazon.
  • moustafaelz
    Options
    I have tried several plant based proteins:

Vega Sport from Sequel Naturals
    Sun warrior warrior blend protein
    Terra Build by Terra Nutrition.

All 3 are a blend of plant based proteins with Vega and Terra having added digestive enzymes to help in breaking the protein down. I have found Sun Warrior to be the chalkiest of the 3.
  • fitpal2014me
    Options
    I noticed something in your question that I wanted to comment on. You mentioned adding protein to a smoothie.

What Most people do Not know is that in order to Lose Weight, Protein must be the only thing in your digestive system.

The human body needs Fat & Carbs to break down Protein.

If Only Protein is ingested, then the body Uses fat & carbs that are already Stored In the body, to digest the protein.

So, to Lose weight with protein, Only have Water in your System 2 hours Before & 2 hours After ingesting the protein and Only mix the protein with Water.

Use a Protein Powder that is High in protein and Low in Fat & Carbs. I like Syntha-6 the Best, than Gold Standard Whey, then Jay Robb.

I am investigating vegetarian protein as well.