Sweet treat for the cinema?

Options
Hi all,

I've been doing very well and basically cut out a lot of sugar/junk, however I LOVE a sweet treat in the cinema! Any advice on something nice that wont break the aule daily calories allowance?

Replies

• lovesraspberries
    lovesraspberries Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have found great success with Le Lait chocolate bars. I buy them at Trader Joe's, but they must sell them other places as well. They are from France, so they don't have any of the bad stuff in them. They are the perfect sweet snack without the junk!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    One time to splurge wont hurt....maybe share it with someone so you don't eat the whole box...lol I have learned to look at the labels and if it doesn't fit into my calories for the day I pass.
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how often you go to the cinema. For me I go so rarely (maybe once a year) that I will have a big bag of M&Ms and not feel guilty, but if it's a regular occurrence, then maybe a small bag of something. Take it with you and check the calories before you go and fit it in to your weekly calories if it's too much for the day. It's easier to cut 50-100 calories for a couple of days rather than use all of the calories from one day's allowance.
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Our local cinema has a baskin robbins stand, so one scoop of mango sorbet/ mint ice cream for me. It's less than 250 calories but still feels like a massive treat because Ice cream
  • maddieftaylor
    maddieftaylor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I need help with this too! Can't go to the cinema without something sweet :) x
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I always do air popped popcorn at home, spritz on a little spray butter and sprinkle some sweetener (whatever variety I happen to have on hand) and cinnamon. Delish!
  • mufin71
    mufin71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mini strawberry twizzlers- 2=30 calories. They are chewy which helps keep me busy and keeps my cravings in check.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow candies, I often bring fruit (grapes, berries, etc), Quest Bars, 100 calorie packs